Thread: 12/13 June attempts?

The land of no hills! (Altrincham, Cheshire)

12/13 June attempts?

Hi,
    Is anyone going on 12 or 13th June on an evening start clockwise?

Iam going mid July on a 6/7pm start, and I am keen to support on leg 1 and 2 on an evening start to properly experience the twilight and night sections.

If anyone is going 12 or 13th June, could I 'tag' along (or act a mule, as needed)? On the clear understanding and basis that I will completely look after myself if my wheels fall off!

Many thanks.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Hi,
    Is anyone going on 12 or 13th June on an evening start clockwise?

Iam going mid July on a 6/7pm start, and I am keen to support on leg 1 and 2 on an evening start to properly experience the twilight and night sections.

If anyone is going 12 or 13th June, could I 'tag' along (or act a mule, as needed)? On the clear understanding and basis that I will completely look after myself if my wheels fall off!

Many thanks.
    Bruce

Friday 6th June leg 1 - your welcome, 7.30pm?

Kev

The land of no hills! (Altrincham, Cheshire)
    Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    Friday 6th June leg 1 - your welcome, 7.30pm?

Kev
    Unfortunately Kev, I have commitments elsewhere on the 6th

Hi Bruce
    We are off on the 13th at 1900 clockwise on a 23 hour schedule. Happy to have you tag along and if your willing carry a few water bottles for us. What might put you off is we are a two man team with no pacers or nav man, we have limited course knowledge and are sat nav dependant. We do have road support so getting a lift back wouldn't be a problem. We are playing it safe on the route by going past skiddaw house and down doddick fell on leg one. We are currently on the wind down week but have been banging in the miles and was upto the 10000 ft a week so fairly fit. Hopefully we will have a tracker, kindly donated by "howfast" on this forum, for additional safety . If this is what your looking for reply to this thread and we will get in touch. Cheers Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philblack40 View Post
    Hi Bruce
    We are off on the 13th at 1900 clockwise on a 23 hour schedule. Happy to have you tag along and if your willing carry a few water bottles for us. What might put you off is we are a two man team with no pacers or nav man, we have limited course knowledge and are sat nav dependant. We do have road support so getting a lift back wouldn't be a problem. We are playing it safe on the route by going past skiddaw house and down doddick fell on leg one. We are currently on the wind down week but have been banging in the miles and was upto the 10000 ft a week so fairly fit. Hopefully we will have a tracker, kindly donated by "howfast" on this forum, for additional safety . If this is what your looking for reply to this thread and we will get in touch. Cheers Phil
    Phil do u still require pacers? I would be happy to run leg 2 with you and carry some stuff for u. My attempt is 4/5 of July and I want to do leg 2 in the dark. I've done leg 2 in the day so I do know it. Let me know if I can help out.
    Text me on 07411583018
    Thanks wooj

Wooj,

are you sorted for a run on Friday? I am part of a skeleton team (getting thinner!)trying to leave at 6pm Friday. Potential for a run with us.

Cheers,

Calvin

Hi Calvin. Thanks for the offer. I sorted. I'm running leg 2 with Phil Friday night then a slow round of leg 3 on sat starting 10amish if any one wants in on that just shout.
    Cheers Wooj

Good luck to all contenders leaving tonight, conditions look good!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners