Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Going for 5 days straight riding into work this week, so 85m. Yesterday i missed a sub 28m in-ride by 2s, and a sub 58m cumulative total by 7s; it was a bitter pill to swallow. My glutes are still telling me they don't have enough strength to weather this activity, and are constantly achey. No improvements in parkrun times seen yet.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Ended a full week of riding in with a triple record breaker today, but I pushed the pace a bit harder than normal. First sub 27 ride in, first sub 56 cumulative total for both journeys, and first negative split. A good effort.

No parkrun, needed a rest after all the mad rides. 9m/2200' today on the chevin, it's utterly charmless, the squirrels seem to like it though. Managed to clear a group of horse people without any crap, they wear body worn cameras now so they have evidence of any infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    No parkrun, needed a rest after all the mad rides. 9m/2200' today on the chevin, it's utterly charmless, the squirrels seem to like it though. Managed to clear a group of horse people without any crap, they wear body worn cameras now so they have evidence of any infractions.
    Someone did yesterdays Buckden Pike race with a selfie stick/body camera and put it on the Fell Running UK site. I commented on it via a friends facebook and it was declined as it didn't comply with their rules. All I said was " why would anyone want to carry a camera on any fell race, never mind a Championship Race".

They obviously only allow nice, gushy comments
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 20-06-2022 at 09:07 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I watched the facebook video in question...

My friends often say to me "whats a fell race like? wear a go-pro so we can see...."

Its not for me, and i can't understand it.... but still i don't mind the odd watch of what others have done.... the chap in question seems a good guy, and clearly is trying to improve, rather than battling for champs points at this stage.

There's a couple of other guys at it too... i won't mention any names... but there's one guy who is a very decent runner and seems a good chap, although half of his videos are promoting a sports nutrition company... and another guy who seems to have a bit of a following, and while his videos are undoubtedly interesting, i can't agree with some of his comments and views...

Wear a go-pro so we can see? They should get out to a little BS race if they're curious, there's nothing like first hand experience. It's like that bit in The Two Towers during the seige of Helms Deep where Ghimli asks Aragorn what's going on, and Aragorn replies, "shall i describe it to you or whould you like me to find you a box?"

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Someone did yesterdays Buckden Pike race with a selfie stick/body camera and put it on the Fell Running UK site. I commented on it via a friends facebook and it was declined as it didn't comply with their rules. All I said was " why would anyone want to carry a camera on any fell race, never mind a Championship Race".

He crossed the beck in the wrong place, the slippy place, but being so dry it won't have mattered. You go slightly higher up where you can jump straight from bank to bank.

Had to back off the fast rides in, as my knee started to get a bit sore. Still managed 3 slow ones over the week.

Bramley parkrun today, 20.17, which is a post COVID pb. The new chevin race is tomorrow, but my back is playing up so I'll have to see how I feel in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

The same guy put a video of himself doing some local parkrun on some FB group. I asked why? and got shot down in flames by his adoring fans. And he wears his baseball cap backwards!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    The same guy put a video of himself doing some local parkrun on some FB group. I asked why? and got shot down in flames by his adoring fans. And he wears his baseball cap backwards!
    It certainly isn't for me... but i don't see it doing any harm, particularly if it keeps him motivated to improve.

ps i wore my baseball cap backwards at two fell races this weekend...!! Although had to ditch it at the 2nd one as it was too windy...