Page 46 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Carr Bridge Drive reps last night, 0.25m 110', 6 reps. The cold was closing up my airway so it was impossible to get to a point where air was going in and out as fast as it could. My back was tight too which caused tightness and compensation down my left leg. Altogether not a perfect session. It's interesting how spot on everything has to be to get 100 percent out of your body.

9m speed endurance today. An ACW loop of Thruscross starting and finishing at the Swinsty car park.

Didn't want any hassle with the fuzz so i parked the car up Hall Lane, and got it stuck trying to make a 3 pointer. It's very easy to get a Porsche stuck in snow, they founder like a heavily laden clipper in a force 9. The trails were quite snowy and slushy, making it a bit difficult to find a sweet spot and hold your effort there. The trees were thick with snow as there had been very little wind to agitate the branches. Deep snow isn't great for trying to go flat out in.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    9m speed endurance today. An ACW loop of Thruscross starting and finishing at the Swinsty car park.

Didn't want any hassle with the fuzz so i parked the car up Hall Lane, and got it stuck trying to make a 3 pointer. It's very easy to get a Porsche stuck in snow, they founder like a heavily laden clipper in a force 9. The trails were quite snowy and slushy, making it a bit difficult to find a sweet spot and hold your effort there. The trees were thick with snow as there had been very little wind to agitate the branches. Deep snow isn't great for trying to go flat out in.
    Porshce! Is its main use for pulling Mr B, and I don't mean a trailer?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

No it's main use is for speeding. Women aren't attracted to cars IMO.

36m on the bike today. Rather damp outing, but I think I saw Jonny brownlee on his bike and possibly Graham breeze in a bush on a mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    No it's main use is for speeding. Women aren't attracted to cars IMO.
    Oh I don't know.

When I was stopped for speeding in the USA and given a summons to appear in court it was a female officer who was very keen to catch up with me.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

When I was stopped for speeding (not in a Porsche, obviously) in the U.S. 30-odd years ago the officer came up to me and said "why were you going so fast, turkey?" I put on my most pompous, affronted voice and said "I looked in my rear view mirror and saw you were driving far too close to me, so I speeded up to try to put a little bit of distance between us, for safety." He looked at me and said "I've been following you for 2 miles. You averaged 70." He turned out to be quite a reasonable chap, under the circumstances, and we had quite a nice chat while he filled out my ticket.

35 years ago, having had a couple of weeks in Wyoming we were driving back to the East Coast via Colorado to tick off Longs Peak. After returning to our vehicle we had just set off and a Police Car came around the corner ahead and I realised that I was on the wrong side of the gravel road, there was no centre line!

I was given a ticket for my troubles but managed to return to blighty without paying it. I dare not return to the US for fear of getting locked up on my arrival.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    35 years ago, having had a couple of weeks in Wyoming we were driving back to the East Coast via Colorado...

When I last visited my oldest friends, then living in Colorado (which has a more relaxed speed limit than some states), I rented a Ford Mustang - as one would.

I have to admit that flooring a Ford V8 does sound rather good with the sun on your face and, say, Little Feat's Let It Roll in the background.

And my friends seemed surprisingly happy for me to drive us all 150 miles just to buy a sandwich for lunch.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 11-01-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I'd like to say that if Otley Chevin is good enough for Emma Clayton then it's good enough for me; but I can't, and it isn't. I'd like to blame the conditions, but it's crap all year round really, it's just a bit of a shitshow and that's how it is.

A couple of loops around a carefully planned route today, totals looked something like 8m/2400'. The gaff just doesn't have any charm really. I saw a nice old drinking trough hewn from the grit which interested me, and that's about that really. The MTB black and red downhill runs are fairly easy to locate and provide a good gradient to work with. Running around that place reminds me of how I ended up a fell runner in the first place; to get away from it!