Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: mr b's comeback

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Carr Bridge Drive reps last night, 0.25m 110', 6 reps.

Not a bad session all in all. I was hitting the right workrate at the crest of the hill and was able to kill myself over the last 40m to the grit bin. I mostly hit the grit bin utterly exhausted and in o2 debt, which is where i needed to be. It's funny how the first rep is so awful and hurts so badly; i think it's because your body isn't used to the suffering and tells you it can't handle it. It takes about 2 or 3 before your body remembers it can actually survive.
    I did my Outwoods reps today (lunchtime, so I had the bright sunshine between the trees to my left): slightly longer and steeper than yours (0.3m, 150ft). Like you, I felt awful on the first rep, but was shocked to see how fast I had done it (2m42s). Unfortunately, although I felt much better on reps 5 and 6 (the last two), the times were much slower (2m51s and 2m53s).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Carr Bridge Drive reps last night, 0.25m 110', 6 reps.

Not a bad session all in all. I was hitting the right workrate at the crest of the hill and was able to kill myself over the last 40m to the grit bin.
    Just had a look at Carr Bridge Drive on Google Streetview. Found the grit bin; I reckon you should be turning right up Carr Bridge Close from there as your final push.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

One thing i've noticed on reps (and having a GPS watch has helped)

When you get several reps in and you think you're slowing down, it can be surprising that you're maintaining pace, or even speeding up... it's just the fatigue building.

It does encourage you to keep pushing the reps out.