Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: mr b's comeback

New session today, i felt that the 5k fartleks were getting a bit easy and that i was arriving home not having really killed myself.

Tinshill Lane rep, 1x 0.7m/240'
    Carr Bridge Drive reps, 2x 0.25m/110'
    5k Fartlek in woods

Total 5.5m/810' including the jogging between the efforts. It was a bit of a challenge in the heat, but i'll keep it going and see what happens.
    Can't climb for toffee...

Turnslack race today, 8m/2000'. I raced quite well, lost ground on the hills, but committed and made it back on the flats and descents. I was close to the lad in front of me on the final overgrown run off, but the bracken was thick and I chose not to go full speed in case I hit a rock. Visibility was bad in places, the trod was completely obscured. Points wise, I should be in the low 80s.

50m ride to the craven arms and back today. Legs a bit sore from turnslack, but still cracked a sub 2h50m. Thankfully restrictions have been abolished and I can now stand by the range with a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    50m ride to the craven arms and back today. Legs a bit sore from turnslack, but still cracked a sub 2h50m. Thankfully restrictions have been abolished and I can now stand by the range with a beer.
    Surely a bit warm to stand by the range!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Tinshill Lane rep, 1x 0.7m/240'
    Carr Bridge Drive reps, 2x 0.25m/110'
    5k Fartlek in woods
    Total 5.5m/810'

I felt like i could do more CBD reps today, like i was going quite fast for some reason, probably not being too hot. I decided to keep it at 2 until i know i can comfortably complete the session without issues. I've got more compensation issues down my left ITB after picking up a back sprain at Turnslack, it was feeling a bit sore.

Someone was holding a baby up the their front window on Carr Bridge Drive, which was hugely entertained by me running back and forth. I waved at the little fella and he/she got very excited and waved back.

Sad news of Ron Hill's passing last month, just heard.
    Can't climb for toffee...