Page 81 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Chevin forest parkrun today, 21.07, never been to this one because there aren't any toilets, I need venues with bogs inconveniently. Apparently people have been crapping in the woods which has prompted complaints. It's a hilly one with one major hill per lap, probably about 150' per lap. Nice course.

Coiners race today, 6.7m 1000'. Got home in under an hour, but it's not much to shout about considering I should be under 55m. I don't seem to be blowing like an old man on the descents any more which helped, on the last drop before the fields I had to get round a couple of guys and it didn't kill me that much. I'm wheezing like hell I've begun to notice.

Bramley parkrun today, 20.41, another middling time. I was hoping to be sub 20.30 by now as I've not been ill for the past month. It's still very hard work, I was blowing and wheezing so badly someone asked me if I was ok at the finish. Recovery times are still roughly double.

Didn't have time to get out to the hills today, so a local 8.5m/1200' taking in such sights as the Leeds Liverpool canal, The Billing, the River Aire, nondescript pasture fields, tarmac. It was a reasonable session all in all, very nice weather.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

About 6m with Horsforth Harriers last night, steady zone 2 pace for me. 2 rides into work so far this week, times are getting better.

So 4 rides into work this week, 68m in total. This game teaches you to maximise space, tupperware containers can so easily be the wrong shape.

Bramley parkrun today, 20.24 which is a post-covid PB. As i pulled in to park some guy was hauling a full size plastic yellow cow on a flatbed up the park entrance, and i was very surprised to discover this cow situated by race HQ along with a load of other bovine items when i got in. It was due to something called 'cowfest north' which is somehow parkrun related, and hoardes of folk were gathering up to have their photo taken with the aforementioned yellow cow. God knows what it was in aid of, but there was a massive turnout- 224, and i achieved a post-covid position PB of 4th. I had a cow shaped biscuit afterwards, so thanks to the cow enthusiasts who must have been up all night baking 300 of them. I can't believe they tow a full size cow about with them, logistical nightmare.

Great whernside race today, in very dry weather. Target time was 44m, times weren't exact as we set off a couple of mins after the juniors, but my clock time was 44.17 so I'm around 42m. There was a terrific headwind on the way up which didn't really count for a lot on the way down, I felt slow and heavy all the way.

Did my first sub 1h there and back from work today, 59.39. Really the only piece of good news in the last 6 months, it used to take me over 66m. My body seems to be able to generate improvements on the bike, but not on foot unfortunately.

I can't forget how wasted I felt coming over the bogs on Sunday.

4 rides in this week, 68m total, first sub 29m out leg this morning- 28.23. When i first started this i was taking about 33m on the out leg. It'll be interesting to see if this has any impact on my parkrun times, as the gain i'm getting is not V02 max related.