Page 84 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

The new chevin BM race today, 9m/2200'. I was feeling confident at the start and thought i'd got past all the vets after bombing the first descent to CP2, but one of the Ilkley lot was a vet! 5th overall, but felt a bit weak on the last couple of miles, there must have only been a handful of us that went to all the CPs.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I only have one baseball cap a white Inov8 one.

I wear it only in races when it is hot and the peak gets moved around depending on where the sun is. It also comes in handy for scooping up water at a stream crossing. I, like Travs, have had to remove it on a very windy day for fear of losing it.

But I also agree with MattPo, wearing it backwards as a matter of course makes one look like a twat!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Well I've felt drained all week after the chevin race on Sunday. Calves too sore for a Tuesday trot with Horsforth harriers and just felt too stretched for a run tonight, but 3 rides into work so far. I don't know if this is the post viral, or if I really buried myself on Sunday.

I've been similar this week after racing twice last weekend.

No way I could have done Tuesday's session, and skipped tonight's track session as well. Done 42 miles so far, but all slow and steady.

Hopefully do a Parkrun on Saturday.

5.5m/820' yesterday, Oakworth haul race, very nice route but suffered quite badly with exhaustion and fatigue.

3 rides in this week, 51m. Might have to have a week off, as my right knee maltracks when I cycle and that big 5 day effort a few weeks ago is still lingering.

Lothersdale young farmers show today, 1.5m/400'. Came about 9th/36, 13m or so, well off first vet.

9m/1000' yesterday, an ACW loop of Thruscross reservoir starting and finishing at the A59. It was hard work keeping a quick pace, i remember pre-covid when i was running most of this at 10k pace. Blubberhouses cricket club now have an annual gala on the pitch, with a duck race on the Washburn, stalls and terrier racing on a RWYB basis. I had a quick look round.

No rides in to work this week, i've got a lingering articular cartilage problem from my very fast 5 day week a few weeks back. My only choice is to back off and recover.

I went to a training talk with a coach last night held by Horsforth Harriers, it was a bit of an eyeopener to see how the other half do it. What i took away from it is that i'm not really doing anything right or the way other people do it. Everyone else was talking about using heartrate as a metric, which i don't...HR zones etc, percentages of this and that. Also they talked about the 80/20 principle, and the 80 being the most trainable, but i tend to train the 20 mainly by doing so many short races. So there we go, i'm not doing it anything like anyone else.