Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', 5 reps.

Just putting the feelers out to see where i am. It went ok; i chose this activity because the intensive/explosive nature of reps will recruit all the quads and give me a better chance of lateral/medial balance. Jogging around the streets would probably have been worse on the whole.

Another flow session tomorrow.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

44m on the bike today. Called in at Fewston farm shop for a brew.

38m loop on the bike today. I shortened down from 44 due to an increase in plica soreness. Kex Gill makes me very angry. The flow sessions are getting easier, the next day is becoming less and less painful. My spine could be likened to a rusty bicycle chain and that's got to change before i can expect to be back to full running fitness.

First proper run back today after about 5wks off, an ACW loop of Thruscross starting from below the dam, 4.5m/700'. No back soreness at the beginning of the day, no back soreness during the run and no back soreness after; as a result of which i had no lateral problems with my left leg. The tissues have had a lot of time to heal without me running on them, and i've been having a lot of treatment on my back and doing a lot of flow sessions to increase flexibility. Not out of the woods yet, but progress is good.

I felt like someone who hadn't run for 5wks, that's for sure.

44m on the bike yesterday.

Things are improving noticeably, there are strong indicators that my back is healing and becoming more flexible. Back pain is down when biking and i can now sleep on my back without waking up in pain all the time. It's now about tapering back into running without a relapse occuring.

ACW loop of Thruscross starting from below the dam today, 4.5m/700'. A problem free run, save for the fact i still feel like i'm running on the Bolivian Altiplano. Pretty breathless and always hit the wall quite early.

38m on the bike yesterday, the wind made it completely unbearable, at one point i was out of the saddle just to keep going downhill. Should have gone for a run.

6m with Horsforth Harriers this evening, no back problems and no left leg problems. My right knee was suffering a bit towards the end, I need to get some glutes medius recruitment exercises going, there isn't the durability in all the stability bits that I desire just yet.

I still feel under duress when I'm working hard too. This is because I've stopped the Carr Bridge Drive reps, my brain has forgotten it can suffer and come through it in one piece. The problem with this session is that it's after work when my back is at its tightest.

Attachment 8881

Full Tour of The Fairy Hills yesterday, 5.5m/1700'. Snow on the ground which made it more awkward, and i just don't feel very fast either, i think i just need to let myself off a bit. When i go deep i'm suffering and whining in my mind like a complete feeble arsed snowflake, it's difficult to HTFU when i'm not doing weekly intervals or parkruns. Clough Head is going to chew me up and spit me out at this rate, but maybe i should let myself off.

I'm moving my back trigger point sessions out to 4wk gaps from 2wk, same with acupuncture. I'm ready to enter a maintenance phase rather than acute care, and i can probably run when i want as long as my back is released off. If i've got a bad back i'll have to cancel, this is probably a lifetime thing now, there'll be no going back to whenever wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Ok so, Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', 7 reps. Times as follows:

Timed on my Hanhart mechanical stopwatch, anti-magnetic and auto compensating features inbuilt. Maybe that means that when it's innards are flailing around that it still keeps good time...
    First reps session back tonight, not before getting a lot of heat into my back and doing a few stretches. Times were down on the session above: