Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

2 races this weekend, technically. Bramley parkrun, 20.23, stuck in this area a bit now. Charlesworth Chase today, 4m/1200', not a bad placing but slowed badly on the last mile due to fatigue.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

6.5m at 8.30mmp with horsforth harriers on tuesday, boring tarmac, but i like to vary it a bit.

Another 70m week on the bike, 4 rides into work in total. Rather windy this week so no sub 1h totals for any one day.

Just Bramley parkrun yesterday, 20.30. Been busy today getting my other car ready for a test, the porsche is leaking fuel so badly from the tank it's very expensive to have it sitting still, never mind driving to the hills in it.

First rainy ride in today, its been very dry recently. One thing i can now say is that my improvements in times taken to ride in/out from work are not translating to faster parkruns.

8.5m with horsforth harriers last night, a nice mystery tour of meanwood. Might do the ilkley trail on friday.

Ilkley trail race today 7m/850', felt awful all the way round, really blowing like a fan. I used to be like greased lightning round these sorts of courses, i'm actually fighting the onset of negative thoughts as much as the onset of exhaustion. If there's nobody around i say to myself 'i am having fun' over and over again, because basically i'm not, but if i can convince myself i am i may feel better.

50m bike ride to the craven arms and back today, 3 pints of semer water pale and a ginger pudding downed whilst there, the fire was lit which was nice. 2h54 total, which is good considering I was on the winter bike with mudguards.

It's been windy this week, 68m total for rides to work and back. Times have varied from sub 1h to 64m and it's a real pain going into a headwind up kirkstall road. The car is leaking fuel from the tank so badly it's basically now unusable, it leaks it faster than it uses it. So all parkruns will be duathlons and no racing or proper training.

Mini duathlon today, 10m on the bike with Bramley parkrun in the middle, 20.44 for the 5k which can be blamed on the wind strength. Barney told me when i got there that Ennerdale had been cancelled due to wind, i was wondering why they didn't use the alternative route.