Page 53 of 131 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

9m/3000' Fairfield race. Probably won't go back.

5k fartlek in the woods last night. Really quite muddy and verging on unrunnable at speed.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

5.9m/1640' today, at West Nab. I was thinking about Shepherds Crook tommorrow, but my old right hip fasciitis was niggling slightly towards the end of the race, so i've got a nice flow session arranged first thing and will probably go for a walk to a tea room somewhere.

50m on the bike today, Craven Arms and back, 2h54m. I look quite well cooked, the sun is strong.

Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', 7 reps. Recovery times are quite good, but i think my legs tire quickly after rep 5.

I've ordered some of this Chinese kung fu rubbing ointment for my old bones. It comes highly recommended in kung fu mastery books and will sort you out after a hard session punching tree trunks.

I intend to be disrespectful to Chi blockages and stagnation, and apply the Shaolin special sauce liberally with utmost honour to the ancient wisdom. I will banish my stiffness and shame to the land of wind and ghosts.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', 7 reps. Recovery times are quite good, but i think my legs tire quickly after rep 5.

I've ordered some of this Chinese kung fu rubbing ointment for my old bones. It comes highly recommended in kung fu mastery books and will sort you out after a hard session punching tree trunks.

I intend to be disrespectful to Chi blockages and stagnation, and apply the Shaolin special sauce liberally with utmost honour to the ancient wisdom. I will banish my stiffness and shame to the land of wind and ghosts.
    Interesting that the first two ingredients are frankincense and myrrh (but no gold); so the "Wise men from the East" had come from China?

I wonder if this stuff would deal with my tennis elbow; it would be a lot cheaper than physiotherapy.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Yesterday, 24m bike ride to my gran's house and back, she's dying of heart failure and hasn't got long left. I gave her some quads recruitment exercises to do so she can walk a bit easier.

Today, return of the 9m speed endurance session which hasn't taken place for a while now. I think i held off a bit really, just concentrated on quick leg speed and good posture. I've got nothing to do until the Thurlstone Chase now, there's not a great deal in the calendar that i like the look of, i should be able to get a top ten at Thurlstone looking at past results. My right kneecap is maltracking a bit so i'm going to have to watch that.

New AM hilly training route yesterday, just when i thought the 'Two Dales' format couldn't yeild any more climb, i find a 8.3m/2620' offering. Normally you have to get the milage into double figures to get above 2500' in the dales. I like it more because it starts with a steady jog up the eastern side of wharfedale from kettlewell to starbotton, which warms you up nicely for the 1000' climb over old cote moor. It was unbelievably sticky and hot in the woods heading up out of starbotton, but very fresh on the summits. You could see the trout swimming about in the river at arncliffe.

Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', 6 reps.

After the third rep i decided to have a run up to the water tower, about 1m/250'. I don't know whether this was a good idea from a training standpoint, but i found that it broke my rhythm and screwed up my flow on the remaining 3 interval reps a bit. I ran strongly all the way and was blowing hard, the 1m jog back down was a drag.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post

A bottle of Dit Da Jow massage oil has now been purchased, and will be presented to my wife on her birthday (this Saturday). She frequently complains about all the aches and pains that she gets from playing tennis. She also knows about and admires the skills of the Shaolin monks.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges