Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
Curbar today, 9.8m/1400', not a good performance. I was in a line of runners all hitting 7m/ml pace through the woods under Curbar Edge, but it all went to pieces after the climb up Froggatt Edge. The headwind was strong and i don't have the leg power to drive through it, people were just sailing past me on what was a fairly flat track, this went on for about 4m and i had the same issues on the downhills. The climb up out of Baslow was torturous, old codgers were just jogging away from me. I took about 30s out of the guys in front of me down Bar Road and Yeld Wood and was on their backs, but lost it all and more on top, my legs were shot to pieces. My V40 rival in the 50@50 has got his skates on now too, he ran very well indeed, don't know how much longer i'll be leading the charge.
Well this "old codger" didn't jog away from you Mr Brightside but finished 4 places behind in 32nd, and in so doing, winning a "Runners Pedicure Treatment" as the 1st MV60 prize.

I did have a look around the finish for someone wearing No 175 so that I could say hello to you but it had started to piss down and everyone had donned jackets. Tindersticks seemed to have a decent run finishing 18th.

Speaking of him I'm going to do a bit of Fishwicking by running the Chelmorton Chase tomorrow!