Page 87 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Parkrun this morning, 20.47. I just wanted to start well and not get screwed over on the last lap from going too fast, i ran a pretty comfortable race and never redlined it until the last lap. It was a very consistent run with little to no fade, but fairly slow.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

7.8m/2250' from kettlewell today, zone 2/3 pace which meant walking some hills that i'd normally dig in and run all the way. A short effort of about 0.5m up the miners track out of Hawkswick. The spring was running above Arncliffe which saved me drinking out of the river. Tea and two slices of cake at St Peter's in Addingham afterwards.

No more bike to work for a few months, articular cartilage problems persisting. I'll have to come back with a different approach in a few months, not going for records 5 days a week basically!

6.5m at 8.30mmp with horsforth harriers earlier in the week, it was hot.

Southway circuits this evening, it was pretty hot. 6x450m; 85s, 90s, 91s, 88s, 92s, 93s. When I got home I decided to go stand in a bin full of rainwater round the back. As I stood there I realised I couldn't be sure if there were any leeches or anything in there, so I got back out again.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    As I stood there I realised I couldn't be sure if there were any leeches or anything in there, so I got back out again.
    Reminds me of that scene from Stand by me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4jg8o9wXys

Bradwell short champs race today, ran very well, mainly beacuse so many others screwed up in the heat.

I could have pottered about the house piddling about with diy and cursing the heat, but instead i got out for a blast on the bike up wharfedale. My right knee is complaining about cycling at the moment so i decided if it feels bad at addingham, i'll have a beer and turn back. I felt ok so i continued on to the craven arms, 2 beers and some onion rings later i started back. It was hot, but not too hot for tea and cake at St Peter's in addingham. Bit of a slow one 3.01.59 for 50m.

About 6.5m at about 8.30mmp last night with horsforth harriers. I've got people into eating blackberries at any and all available opportunities.

Tinshill Lane rep, 1x 0.7m/240', 4.34
    Carr Bridge Drive reps, 5x 0.25m/110', 1.50, 1.49, 1.50, 1.50, 1.53

First time back on this session since post-covid crash in performance. Never done a time that quick up Tinny Lane, that's good; the times for CBD are around where they ought to be and i tried to keep them consistent.

I'm tempted by the rusland show race on saturday, it's just my bag, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I'm tempted by the rusland show race on saturday, it's just my bag, baby.
    No, it's not.

A troublesome outing today at the Rusland 5; 5m/1000'. I went for the wrong race, the course didn't suit me, but i've got a plan for next time.

Arrive at the same time, but junk the 5m fell race and enter the 1.75m senior race at 2.45. Whilst i'm waiting i'll enter the 90m heats and hopefully the final, run the 800, and before the fell race run the 200. All of this will warm me up nicely, and the short race is far more my bag. I should get through any heats, even if i'm racing fell runners; at least half of those who don't find me any trouble going uphill will find me difficult to deal with in a track race. That said, the Rusland sports track is the only track i've ever seen with uphills, and the only one where you could easily crock and ankle on a hidden stone. They basically just mow a loop into a field, and a straight for the 90m sprint, the loop looked to be 200.