Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1305

Thread: mr b's comeback

I did well to get off my backside travs, ive spent a lot of time conked out recently. I had a jog up to pilates on weds which gave me a stonking headache.

19:43 is decent. I did a similar time last sunday as a "rep" in a longer run.

Have a 5km track race next month where i was hoping to have a bash at my pb (18:34), but whether i'm in that kind of form is a matter of contention.

Well, i'm starting to get an idea of what works with this hamstring injury and what doesn't work. Yesterday's 5k made the back of my knee sore again, i was feeling it again this morning, but an AM race taken sensibly seems to work for me.

I think on this basis i'm going to have to drop tuesday nights with horsforth harriers for a while, as the runs are very flat and have a history of causing me soreness, and instead reinstate thursday nights Carr Bridge Drive reps (0.25m/110'). It seems like the flatter the training is, the more it makes the back of my knee hurt, so the climb in a CBD rep should make it work a bit better. Parkrun will also have to be given the old heave-ho as this is also flat, but i'm hoping the odd 3k up at the 'track' will work for me because i don't want to lose leg speed training all together.

Had a run round the first 3.5m of the WNTTAC route today and tried to get a couple of descent lines cleared up. I took a high line through the tree swings and hit one or two loose rocks which has never happened on the more spongy and lesser trodden low line. I understand none of you will know what i'm talking about, but i'm still going to talk about chevin nonetheless. 3.5m/1210' for the session, i'd planned to carry on a bit, but it's a good job i didn't as my energy levels crashed on the walk back down into Otley.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

47m on the bike today, i had to go into work for a few hours so i picked up the A65 at Burley in Wharfedale and rode it all the way into Leeds, following the same outward route home. The inbound leg got progressively more and more grotty, whilst the reverse happened on the outbound. The number of potholes was only matched by the variety of types of damage; holes, trenches, washboarding, dips and gullies, the buses are to blame for sure, that and tar and chip resurfacing. My sinuses were so full of salt dust i had to have a decongestant when i got back. I'm bonking very easily since having norovirus and had to call in at Waitrose otley for a childrens hot chocolate and a reduced chocolate twist; i only had 3 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    47m on the bike today, i had to go into work for a few hours so i picked up the A65 at Burley in Wharfedale and rode it all the way into Leeds, following the same outward route home.
    Where do you live now?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Where do you live now?
    Horsforth, it's either the largest village or the smallest town in England, i can't remember which. Although now swallowed up by Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Horsforth, it's either the largest village or the smallest town in England, i can't remember which. Although now swallowed up by Leeds.
    Either way - it has a railway station!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Either way - it has a railway station!
    Yes, very close to my house too. I needed to get my usual 50m done, and lengthening the route each way was the easiest. The section of the A65 going downhill behind Benton Park school is utterly terrible, i was out of the saddle hopping over holes most of the way down to the roundabout.

CBD reps tonight, throyt was wheezy due to some banging and clattering at home beforehand, didn't feel like i was breathing freely at all.

5x0.25m/110'
    1.55, 1.50, 1.54, 1.55, 1.50

Not a consistent session really.

Flower scar today, 8.3m/2150', no hamstring issues so this is the second AM race where i've run clean. I did get some lateral knee pain on the last climb, but i've had that for a couple of days now, it'll just have worsened. Never found an ideal time to consume my gel and had to bang it hastily in the woods. My legs died a bit towards the end.