Page 107 of 131 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1305

Thread: mr b's comeback

Another awful parkrun, 21.00, felt burnt out all the way round. Then on the way back someone shunted the car and has probably done enough to write it off. I don't like being alive any more.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

7.5m/1450' on craven moor today, it was quite warm. I wasn't feeling that good, but decided to throw in a short tour of troller's gill at the end of the run, thus adding 2m/750'. My legs were pretty shot by the end of that, just trying to keep the climb going in case i get an entry for fairfield. There were some hippy climber types in the gill, they had set up a rather long slackline between two crags and were clowning about. I had tea, cake and homemade meatballs in the parcevall hall cafe today, it's a very good cafe.

30 reps of 160kg on the inclined leg press this morning, getting back to this after a bit of a rest.

5k fartlek tonight, first vest run of the year, a very warm evening. Felt a lot better than last time, i was getting the air in a bit better, ive been bringing up phlegm all week.

New route from Skyreholme today taking in High Crag, then a loop of the Craven Moor mining areas which was mostly a steady tussock bash. The first industrial feature was a ruined old 2 storey building close to Jamie Shaft, far too posh to be a smithy so most likely the lessee's headquarters. On through a maze of tips and bell pits up to the road where i was cheered on by some young people sitting around having a brew. Over the road i found an open shaft on the end of North Rake Vein which had been blocked further below. I followed the mass of tips and hushes of North Rake and summited Nussey Knot, then returning to Troller's Gill by High Crag. I threw in the short tour of Troller's Gill at the end which added 2m/750', the gorge was running again so it was a paddle all the way up. Weather was quite nice despite a bad forecast. I had tea and a pea soup in the Parcevall Hall cafe, an establishment that seems to be a well kept secret as i have never seen any bikes parked up outside and the food is very good indeed.

7m/1320' with 2m/750' tacked on the end

routemap31.jpg

I've come to realise that i don't actually have any goals at the moment and i'm not preparing for anything as such; just running around eating pea soup and drinking tea. Probably won't get in for Fairfield.

I can't work like that.... need a focus to aim at... already planning for 2024.

I guess you've got to look at it that you can put in a big block of training and go into your next target in good shape.

I was dreading this year a little, racing less, but have found it refreshing to shift focus a little and concentrate solely on training for several weeks at a time.

5.8m with horsforth harriers tonight, zone 2 pace up to The Billing where we met some cows.

Bit of work on the inclined leg press this morning, 30 reps 160kg.

Might have a run at Coiners on monday, or maybe not as i'm enjoying the freedom of expression that just running about and exploring hitherto unseen areas brings. I've identified several footpaths on Greenhow Hill that i've never travelled before.

5k fartlek tonight, it was one of those rare sessions where your legs feel half the weight, shame i never bounce up at parkrun that way. I've decided a bofra season might be the way to find something to shoot for, it's been far too long.