Page 108 of 131 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1305

Thread: mr b's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    5k fartlek tonight, it was one of those rare sessions where your legs feel half the weight, shame i never bounce up at parkrun that way. I've decided a bofra season might be the way to find something to shoot for, it's been far too long.
    BOFRA is another option for me for 2024.

Two extremes....

Either marathon then into Lakeland Classics Trophy

Or concentrate a bit more on speed and go for BOFRA and a few 1500mtr track races.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    BOFRA is another option for me for 2024.

Two extremes....

Either marathon then into Lakeland Classics Trophy

Or concentrate a bit more on speed and go for BOFRA and a few 1500mtr track races.
    Bofra will improve your descending, bit by bit.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Bramley parkrun this morning, 20.18. The time shouter was in a different spot which confused me a bit, but it was a warm vest only morning and i felt ok. I'm doing coiners on monday, my post-pandemic PB is 59.24 so i'll have that one in my sights, i remember how much i struggled with fatigue last year.

Nice one.... i'd struggle doing a fell race 48hrs after a hard 5km race/effort.

Coiners race today, 6.8m/1000', 57.50. I started quite briskly and may have paid for it after the pike, but it was very wet so that has to be accounted for. Post-pandemic pb anyway.

Bofra will improve your descending, bit by bit.
    But the LCT will improve your strength, navigation, stature in the fell running community and self esteem.

Possibly I am biased but when I look at the list of men who have won the LCT and see Jonny Bland, Rob Jebb, Scoffer (3 times), Lloyd Taggart, Rickie Lightfoot, Pete Vale, Simon Booth, Ben Abdelnoor, Rhys Findlay-Robinson, Carl Bell, Finlay Wild,...maybe not.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 01-05-2023 at 07:56 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    But the LCT will improve your strength, navigation, stature in the fell running community and self esteem.

Possibly I am biased but when I look at the list of men who have won the LCT and see Jonny Bland, Rob Jebb, Scoffer (3 times), Lloyd Taggart, Rickie Lightfoot, Pete Vale, Simon Booth, Ben Abdelnoor, Rhys Findlay-Robinson, Carl Bell, Finlay Wild,...maybe not.
    Stature? Well now i'm famous for going the wrong way i won't need any more of that.

Nice one.... i'd struggle doing a fell race 48hrs after a hard 5km race/effort.
    Why is that?

Why is that?
    Well i could.... but the 2nd one wouldn't be at my best... i still occasionally double-up when necessary... last year i did Snowdon Uphill on the friday night and Holyhead Mountain on the saturday afternoon..... and also a Sat/Sun National Road Relay/Llangollen Fell Race double.

But not if i'm trying to optimise performance, its just too close together for me.

Well i could.... but the 2nd one wouldn't be at my best... i still occasionally double-up when necessary... last year i did Snowdon Uphill on the friday night and Holyhead Mountain on the saturday afternoon..... and also a Sat/Sun National Road Relay/Llangollen Fell Race double.

But not if i'm trying to optimise performance, its just too close together for me.
    So how much rest do you need before a race? I was planning to do parkrun on saturday then the Cookridge 10k on sunday this weekend; i'd expect to be fresh for the 10k.