Page 110 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1305

Thread: mr b's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Hello Mr Brightside... I'm thinking of doing a few local park runs to try and improve my general running speed. Did you find they helped you at all?

I must admit im more in to the long arduous fell races but I'm sure a bit more flat speed will help somewhere.

Must say the standard doesn't look fantastic (as expected)... I'd initially be hoping to get down towards 19 mins and that would probably get me in the top 15-20 out of 500-600 who usually turn up....
    A few local parkruns...?!

That post must've been a while ago.... 2015 maybe?

Last chance to prepare for Fairfield today, 12 reps of Elbolton Hill from the Thorpe fell gate, each rep is 0.1m/250' so 1.2m/3000' in total. The last two were a drag. Had some food and a pint of Robinson's Dizzy Blonde in the Fountaine Inn after.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

If i recall correctly, its 58mins for me to the summit of Fairfield from the start.
    I probably need to knock a minute or two off that.

If i recall correctly, its 58mins for me to the summit of Fairfield from the start.
    I probably need to knock a minute or two off that.
    Historical results don't seem to show splits, but i think i was about 1.07 to Fairfield so sub 1.05 will suit me. I think i'm better prepared this time and can probably climb a bit faster, i'll also be looking for this faster but longer line round the left of the first craggy bit after Fairfield. I just took the path last time and it was a drag. 1.47.53 last time, sub 1.40 is my target and i don't care about the bad step, i'll just go down it if i find it again.

4.5m with horsforth harriers last night, just a recovery run from monday's 3000'. Thursday will probably be the same.

My pb is 1:45:44 and i'll be happy to just go quicker than that. If i run a pb and don't get in the v40 points then so be it.

Would be astounded if i got down to 1:40.... i don't see that level of improvement being possible for me.

My pb is 1:45:44 and i'll be happy to just go quicker than that. If i run a pb and don't get in the v40 points then so be it.

Would be astounded if i got down to 1:40.... i don't see that level of improvement being possible for me.
    It'll only be possible for me on the downhill.

How's the ankle Mr B?

Hopefully you'll be able to get on the bike soon to keep the legs and lungs ticking over ready for your next comeback.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    How's the ankle Mr B?

Hopefully you'll be able to get on the bike soon to keep the legs and lungs ticking over ready for your next comeback.
    Cheers LB, it's still quite sore, i'm going to try and get going on tarmac after 2wks rest. I've already begun my balance and proprioception excercises, but it will be around 4mths before i race offroad again, never known one get better sooner.

I've had a gut upset for the last 10 days at least now, I don't know what it is and I've never had one for this long before. Perhaps you have some advice, Mike t? Symptoms are the trots, faint nausea that comes and goes, gut discomfort and loss of appetite.

After being cleared to resume training by the chiropractor after some adjustments to my right leg and ankle, I attended a track session with horsforth harriers tonight. 15mins at HM pace, 10mins at 10k pace, 5mins at 5k pace. For me the mmp felt like 11, 8.5, 7. I was shocked at how little oomph I had for the last effort, I think this gut rot has something to do with it.