Page 115 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1305

Thread: mr b's comeback

Bit of a torturous run at Bramley parkrun this morning, tried to keep the pace flat and just aim for 21m. The lack of fast running over the past fortnight has allowed my lungs to clog with clear phlegm, and I've been bringing it up for about 48h now. My posterior tibial problem has not got any better with rest, so I'm just going to see what I can get away with. 20.55 for the 5k this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    The lack of fast running over the past fortnight has allowed my lungs to clog with clear phlegm, and I've been bringing it up for about 48h now. My posterior tibial problem has not got any better with rest, so I'm just going to see what I can get away with.
    But is two weeks rest enough, or am I being overly cautious?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    But is two weeks rest enough, or am I being overly cautious?
    It's enough to get something that is in its early acute stages to stabilise, but my guess is that given I did it at black combe, it's stabilised already. There was a bit of a flare up after I decided to do more slow miles so it needed a break.

Prior to this I wasn't treating it, but now I see the need I'm treating it three times a day. Parkrun made it hurt a fair bit, more than the reps on Thursday.

Injuries last for ages in me, they have a very long lifespan. The hamstring strain at the pelvic attachment I got the second week in December is still there and hasn't changed a lot in the last 3 months.

Hilarious visit to my penultimate get-out-of-the-shit guy on Thursday, only one roll of the dice left now if he draws a blank. This guy is a MS Podiatrist, works with fascial manipulation techniques, often gets results where physios fail. He said my posterior tibial fascia was ridiculously tight and might need several rounds of release and some shockwave to sort it out. He was using the prefix osteo quite a lot and hinted that an MRI might be needed when I pushed him for a long term prognosis. Could be worse, I could be Mark Cavendish.

I might be going for a run next week, i've been approved for reps of 300m run/100m walk, so 400's with a difference. If i push too hard and reinjure it, it's 6wks off and more shockwave. My target is to be running for october 15th so i can defend my age category record at Half Castle Carr.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

First parkrun back today, 21.32, just trying not to over egg the pudding really. One thing I can say about Scott Supertracs is that they are not good on damp tarmac paths under trees, I'll take the grass next time.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    First parkrun back today, 21.32, just trying not to over egg the pudding really. One thing I can say about Scott Supertracs is that they are not good on damp tarmac paths under trees, I'll take the grass next time.
    Is anything good on "damp tarmac paths under trees"? Perhaps foxes or badgers paws!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Bramley parkrun this morning, conditions were perfect, managed 20.34. Tried to sprint a girl to the funnel for 2nd lady using the element of surprise, but the flesh was weak and youth won out.

Nice one.

I'm contemplating a parkrun next weekend, which will be my first in over a year.

Over a year! You need to start keeping it real Pete, too much glamour at the track, too much glamour and not enough dog shit.