Page 120 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1306

Thread: mr b's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I was involved in a bit of an altercation today at the half marathon re vehicles...

There's been signs up around Cov about road closures for over a month... and still people just driving down closed roads the wrong way and getting stuck, then having a go at the poor volunteers. Saw probably 20 incidents of it in my wanderings today.

One guy decided to get out of his car and have a real go at one volunteer who was in his 70's.... i decided it was time to step in, and reminded him that he'd clearly gone through a road closed sign back down the road, as i'd just ran past it 10mins previous, and its hardly the volunteer's fault that the council have closed off all the roads.

I also took a mouthful of abuse and i think he was weighing up whether to have a pop at me... however he eventually got back in his car and turned round.
    Funny people car drivers.

I was pootling though Ilkley today - at around 15 mph which is as fast as one can go with all the tourists looking for parking spaces so they can visit the plethora of charity shops - behind a Mercedes AMG 6.3 CLS coupe. Now being a small coupe it obviously needs a V8 6.3 litres engine.

And the driver kept revving said engine.

So my technical question to someone who knows about cars, perhaps Mr B., is, do these 500 HP engines stall if you let the revs drop having to pull all that carbon fibre along at 15 mph?

/
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

I also took a mouthful of abuse and i think he was weighing up whether to have a pop at me... however he eventually got back in his car and turned round.
    Presumably if he had decided to "have a pop at" you, you might have remembered some of your Muay Thai skills . . .
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    If memory serves there are Passing Place signs on that road. Presumably installed by the Duke so his peasants are not delayed whilst attending to their duties.

So one might conclude - No sign. No problem.
    It's the strange triangular layby after the longish steep hill down from Buffers. I've been training in that area for over 15yrs; it's never had a passing place sign. No sign, no problem.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Funny people car drivers.

I was pootling though Ilkley today - at around 15 mph which is as fast as one can go with all the tourists looking for parking spaces so they can visit the plethora of charity shops - behind a Mercedes AMG 6.3 CLS coupe. Now being a small coupe it obviously needs a V8 6.3 litres engine.

And the driver kept revving said engine.

So my technical question to someone who knows about cars, perhaps Mr B., is, do these 500 HP engines stall if you let the revs drop having to pull all that carbon fibre along at 15 mph?

/
    Probably from Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Presumably if he had decided to "have a pop at" you, you might have remembered some of your Muay Thai skills . . .
    Funnily enough i was clearing the attic out of my old Muay Thai stuff last night.

Hundreds of pounds of various gloves, shorts, pads, etc, which i'll never use again. Thankfully i've managed to find a good home for a lot of it, so it won't all be consigned to the bin.

My glutes are really killing me today, for some reason they got used a lot yesterday.

6x450 last night with a horsforth harriers group, my calves cooked very quickly and i had to call it after 6 reps. Times were...

94, 94, 95, 96, 95, 96.

I've been thinking about a race plan for next weekend's bolton abbey 10m. I've divided the course up into a parkrun, followed by a BM fell race 7.5m/1650'. I can't take the parkrun too fast, but really i need to have the leaders in sight ready for the fell race. It has some open fell loops and some tricky descents which i can use to my advantage. Hopefully most people there won't realise they can dust me on the flat 2m run in to the finish if they go deep.

50m on the bike today, up to the craven arms and back. It was raining hard when I set off, but it eased off slowly and I managed to get all my gear dried in front of the fire. My computer got waterlogged and quit after an hour. On the way back I was overtaken by an old git on an audax who was impossible to keep up with. Quite a few of these competitive old gits are now stalking casual riders along the lanes of lower wharfedale, they pounce unnoticed and rob you of your dignity, they are like highwaymen.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    50m on the bike today, up to the craven arms and back. It was raining hard when I set off, but it eased off slowly and I managed to get all my gear dried in front of the fire. My computer got waterlogged and quit after an hour. On the way back I was overtaken by an old git on an audax who was impossible to keep up with. Quite a few of these competitive old gits are now stalking casual riders along the lanes of lower wharfedale, they pounce unnoticed and rob you of your dignity, they are like highwaymen.
    Your dignity?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    On the way back I was overtaken by an old git on an audax who was impossible to keep up with. Quite a few of these competitive old gits are now stalking casual riders along the lanes of lower wharfedale, they pounce unnoticed and rob you of your dignity, they are like highwaymen.
    Wasn't me. Honestly