Page 51 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Yesterday- Full Tour of the Fairy Hills, 5.5m/1700'. Tried not to go too bonkers and maintain a consistent if hard workrate.

Today- 50m ride to The Craven Arms and back. 2 pints of ale and some chips in the beer garden, service is quite good, you don't have to wait too long. Rode it in a new PB of 2.50.06. mostly due to being on the carbon bike.

First double training weekend for quite some time.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', probably getting back into the woods next week and alternating it. Times:

That's 5secs faster overall than last week.

Good luck at Clough Head this weekend!

Well there you go, thats what happens when you prepare for a Lakes AS by spending a year pottering around Leeds and Otley. Terrible performance. I think i'm going to do the other AM race just so i can have more time to browse the tackle kicking around the quarry. It's like they've been working there since the turn of the century and never thrown anything out, the workers cottages on the way in are lovely.

Every cloud, Marco.

50m bike ride to The Craven Arms and back today. Felt a bit sore after yesterday so took it steady, but still managed a sub 3hr. 3 pints of Theakstons and a round of chips. It's chilly when the sun goes in.

I've got an entry in for the Brian Clough Ken Dodd race in 3wks time, an event which i don't have enough time to prepare for so it'll be a steady one starting from the back and seeing how many people i can pick off.

Midweek Fartlek tonight, 2.9m/350'. The fast sections were pretty ballistic tonight, i had no trouble at all breaking to a 10m sprint when completely exhausted. I can probably assume that i'm quite fit at the moment, but seriously lacking in leg power as proven at Clough Head.

I'm intending on alternating this run with the Crag Hill Drive reps, i think the reps are very much worth continuing with, they seem to give high quality results. With distance being my enemy, it's all about quality and economy. This midweek session is where i'm most at risk from the back issue turning up again.

7.8m 2250' up wharfedale today. Set out from kettlewell in a roaring hailstorm, business as usual then. Generalised knee pain around the left kneecap which was a pain in the neck, rubbed a bit of comfrey oil into it. The results of no racing for a year. Found a stone hidden by someone from the USA who paints stones and leaves them lying around with messages on them. I tried to join the Facebook group so I can find out what the hell they want me to do with their pretty stone, but I think they've given me the old heave-ho. Also found a pointing trowel, which is more use tbh.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Generalised knee pain around the left kneecap which was a pain in the neck, . . .
    I've heard of "referred pain", but this is ridiculous.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I've heard of "referred pain", but this is ridiculous.
    Well, i know what pain from maltracking feels like and it wasn't that. It was around the patella tendon attachment to the patella and into the medial a bit. I have a plica which sometimes causes problems when running and it was beginning to get a bit sore on the drive home. I've been kneeling on floorboards today with no issues, so that rules out any tendonitis or bursitis associated with 'Housemaid's Knee'.

You've got to get the inflammation out of a plica quickly and mobilise the kneecap back and forth towards the lateral in order to get on top of it. You can have them surgically removed, but as per Denise Park's article in The Fellrunner 'A fell runners knee pain', that comes with risks. I'm fairly sure this guy had Plica Syndrome judging from the symptoms, they thicken the more inflamed they get and lead you into a vicious circle. Balancing the quads, stretching the quads, and rubbing comfrey products works well for me.

Berks County Rocks are ignoring me so i'm keeping their rock, they can go bollocks.