Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

5k fartlek tonight, blowing quite a bit on the fast sections. No more generalised knee soreness as yet, but it'll need a bit of climb to get it started i think. Taped it up with k tape. I'll have to make a call on whether to surrender my entry for Ken Clough Dodd Head this weekend after another AM training run. If problems are persisting there's no point, and even if i run it i'll be walking the climb up clough head...all the way.

Berks County Rocks have finally approved me to the FB group, and the painted rock i found in Kettlewell belongs to someone called Tammy Snyder. She says i can hang onto it or rehide it for someone else to find, either way it's made its way to Kettlewell from Pennsylvania.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Berks County Rocks have finally approved me to the FB group, and the painted rock i found in Kettlewell belongs to someone called Tammy Snyder. She says i can hang onto it or rehide it for someone else to find, either way it's made its way to Kettlewell from Pennsylvania.
    How exciting. Where are you going to put it? Or does it have to be secret?

Around 18 months ago I found a painted pebble in the Goyt Valley whilst out on my bike. It was painted by a young lad from somewhere in Stoke. I messaged the FB page with a photo and then hid it at the TP on High Wheeldon a few days later.

A few weeks later it had made its way onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge! Since I am no longer a FB'er I have no idea where it has been.

I think it is a great idea and must give the people behind them, often children with some sort of learning or social difficulty, a great deal of pleasure following the rocks whereabouts.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    How exciting. Where are you going to put it? Or does it have to be secret?
    Dunno yet. Think I'm going to take it to races and wait for a nice spot to present itself.

Attachment 8825

Same 7.8m/2250' route as last week, up in t' dales. Had to keep the route the same so i had a comparison to last week for knee problems. Went a bit faster over all, but the ridge was slow due to a strong head/cross wind. Slight left knee soreness around the patella tendon like last week, but only on the last steep grassy drop from Knipe End trig. I think i'm a bit slow on the miners track out of Hawkswick, probably due to not having run the 9m speed endurance session for a long time now.

I'll be off up for the Kong 9m race; as long as i keep the same knee treatment process going i should be fitter than i was today. I'm going to have to be sensible with the 2000' climb up Clough Head, once thats out of the way i can run however i feel probably.

Today i joined the exclusive 'Club Moderna' which gave me a very sore arm, but didn't appear to affect tonights session. Carr Bridge Drive reps, 0.25m/110', 7 reps which were getting a bit flimsy towards the end of the session. Whole spatchcock chicken for tea after these sessions with a gravy made out of the dripping in the roasting tin. Whole chickens are full of nourishment from the joints and carcass which benefits your joints greatly. You can take supplements, but i'm a big believer in the concept of vital blueprints, which are lost in processed food. I've started eating a lot more fresh salads at work too, mostly for the minerals they contain. None of this will make me any faster, but it will boost tissue repair i expect.

9.1m/3000' at the Brian Dodd Head Ken Clough race...mixed fortunes, but a nice workout. Accused of cheating for the first time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Accused of cheating for the first time ever.
    Worrying. Why was that Mr B?

[Edit: scratch that question, I've just read the other thread]
    Last edited by noel; 17-05-2021 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Saw race thread.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Worrying. Why was that Mr B?

[Edit: scratch that question, I've just read the other thread]
    It seemed a bit like sour grapes to me, Noel. I was talking about it to a couple of Smoggie lads after and their take on it was "three checkpoints, a start and a finish...what's the problem".

Blackstone Edge last night, 3.5m/1200'. I did a set of practice starts in my warmup to get my start speed right up to the bridle track. as well as getting my breathing going a bit, it made sure i didn't run myself into o2 debt too early. I was behind a guy on the 200m run in down the road and went very early on the sprint, basically as soon as i hit the road after the houses. He couldn't live with it and i romped it; i put it down to all the flatish speed training i do, a relatively insignificant situation in terms of my result, but a big bonus to know i can go deep very late in a race.