Page 54 of 131 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

9m speed endurance yesterday, an ACW lap of Thruscross starting at the Swinsty car park. I was plagued by negative emotions and self-defeating thinking due to an uncomfortable conversation the previous day; i set off too fast and faded quite early. I wasn't really able to give the session my full attention and never got into that flow state.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    A bottle of Dit Da Jow massage oil has now been purchased, and will be presented to my wife on her birthday (this Saturday). She frequently complains about all the aches and pains that she gets from playing tennis. She also knows about and admires the skills of the Shaolin monks.
    I've recently used it on my back. I soaked a piece of kitchen roll and cling filmed it on, and left it for an hour or so.

5k fartlek tonight in the local woods which, thankfully, have fully dried out completely. I don't like warm weather, it's harder to get going because you feel sweltered after a hot day in fireproof demin and just want to go to sleep. I'm not sure if i want to go to some obscure little old pal's race called shriggleby stag or just go AM hill training this weekend.

8.5m/2630' AM hills route from Kettlewell today. I ran the whole thousand feet out of Starbotton up to Old Cote Moor, i felt like a challenge. There was a pair of dippers diving in the Skirfare at Arncliffe when i stopped for a drink. I like this route better than the old one over this area, the warmup leg out to Starbotton sets you up nicely for the climb, wheras the old route was steep right from the off. I've found a much improved route from the south corner fell gate on Middlesmoor pasutre to the crag notch above Kettlewell.

80 or so entrants for the Thurlstone chase next weekend, and the start is in waves of 6 so i won't be able to settle into a group near the front.

My next race starts with a 1000' climb in a mile, right from the start line. I've been doing hill reps on a hill of half the distance and climb. Banking on 12-15mins on the day. Don't want to blow my load too early as there's another 3000' of tussocky climbing over the rest of the race.

[QUOTE=Travs;674784]My next race starts with a 1000' climb in a mile, right from the start line.

So does mine Travs!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

[QUOTE=Llani Boy;674787]
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    My next race starts with a 1000' climb in a mile, right from the start line.

So does mine Travs!
    Well i've just checked and you're not in the same one as me!

I've been doing my half mile/550ft climb reps in 6:30-7mins in training. So i figure given some race adrenaline, i'll keep up that sort of pace for the full mile, even with the thought of three more 1000ft climbs to follow.
    Last edited by Travs; 30-06-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    [QUOTE=Travs;674792]
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

I've been doing my half mile/550ft climb reps in 6:30-7mins in training. So i figure given some race adrenaline, i'll keep up that sort of pace for the full mile, even with the thought of three more 1000ft climbs to follow.
    I've just been looking at the FRA fixture list, and wondering if anyone is going to offer a "Northern Fells weekender" prize, for the best combined performances at Blencathra and Skiddaw this coming weekend? Although I think Travs is referring to Four Fans as his next race, rather than Skiddaw.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

[QUOTE=Travs;674792][QUOTE=Llani Boy;674787]

But you are sort of in the same one as me. I hope to say hello on the top of Bowscale if I can spare the breath!

Perhaps you could wear a red rose to make for easy identification!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

[QUOTE=anthonykay;674793]
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

I've just been looking at the FRA fixture list, and wondering if anyone is going to offer a "Northern Fells weekender" prize, for the best combined performances at Blencathra and Skiddaw this coming weekend? Although I think Travs is referring to Four Fans as his next race, rather than Skiddaw.
    Actually i was supposed to be marshalling at Blencathra (as llani mentions above), and then racing at Skiddaw, but sadly my previously mentioned family problems mean i will be at neither.

But then yes Four Fans (going back to defend my "title" from last year's staggered start time-trial ), Welsh 1000 and Old Crown Round on consecutive weekends will make up for it

Incidentally Four Fans is being ran in reverse direction this year, and will be alternated yearly a la Brecon Beacons.
    Last edited by Travs; 30-06-2021 at 05:38 PM.