Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Super Moderator
    Wharfedale Blonde is a decent beer
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Wharfedale Blonde is a decent beer
    I cut quite the figure in there DT, sat sweating in my CRB vest with my head in a copy of 'Country Life' magazine.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Yeah, keep my voice down! It's amazing week on week how much pain i don't have in my knee thanks to a professional gait analysis revealing my unstable hip. Getting the recruitment active in the Glutes Medius has halved the problem or therabouts; more gains could probably be brought about by drilling the exercises day on day, but i'd like to see where i settle to once i get back to full competetive fitness.
    Luke, I wrote the following on a thread that you started on your ITB syndrome at the the start of the year:

Switching on and improving the endurance of your Gluteus Medius and Minimus is the single most effective thing you can do for ITB syndrome.
    Good luck

Glad you have finally routed out the problem. Enjoy the fells buddy.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    Luke, I wrote the following on a thread that you started on your ITB syndrome at the the start of the year:

Switching on and improving the endurance of your Gluteus Medius and Minimus is the single most effective thing you can do for ITB syndrome.
    Good luck

Glad you have finally routed out the problem. Enjoy the fells buddy.
    I'm far from home yet Roy, i've still got to deal with the cartilage trouble under my kneecap from years of maltracking. I think it was half Glutes Medius recruitment and half maltracking trouble, if the Chondromalacia doesn't settle down it's curtains!

Todays run, Elbolton Hill (AS) 2.75m/720' run clockwise.

routemap7.jpg

routeprofile7.jpg

Spent last night drinking an odd brew called 'Yardbird Pale Ale', not very nice really just tasted like Fosters and left me feeling rougher than i would have liked this morning. Felt a bit dodgy and nearly threw up on top of Elbolton Hill.

A route of my own construction again, a slightly contrived out and back to increase the feet per mile into Cat A territory. Touch the gate and up the big climb round the back, paused for breath half way up which i'm not proud of, but i felt nauseas and it's a bit of a yomp. Rabbit holes aplenty on the gentle run off to the copse which is why i think this route is better anti-clockwise, you also come down the big climb. Talons let me down when i trod on a cowpat and nearly fell over, something else that doesn't happen with a Walsh.

The steep routes are bringing back some lateral knee soreness so i'm going back to Glutes Med exercises every day, and might have to resume the taping on the medial patella edge. All in all the results of running untaped are better than i would have thought, it would have killed me to run untaped a few months ago.

Todays run, Chapel Scar 2.9m/1050' a gruelling little out and back from Hubberholme.

routemap8.jpg

routeprofile8.jpg

Right knee holding up well on week 3 of the steep routes, but left knee now giving me stabbing pains from under the kneecap- can't catch a break. Don't know where this development is going to lead, probably a weekend off if it doesn't sort itself out fairly quickly, and a go at taping on the left knee which has never been needed before. The Chapel Moor run is a relentless climb so maybe i'm back to smaller hills. Hey-ho.

Thread liked
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Thread liked
    Thanks, new knee pain not liked

I really wanted to have it today, you can pick up a right old turn of speed on the way down, perhaps it's one for later.

Been hit with some sort of Lumbar Spine problem now, oddly it seems to have been sneezing from a cold that set it off. I've been told i've got a problematic joint in my Lumbar which causes spasms and huge amounts of pain when it goes wrong. I can't even stand up straight at the moment let alone run.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Been hit with some sort of Lumbar Spine problem now...
    Turns out i've got a prolapsed disc in my Lumbar Spine. I injured my lower back years ago jumping into the river at Burnsall and i've weakened the fibrous outer layer of one of the discs, apparently, and it's just going to keep on coming back.

No running- physio's orders, so did some good form squats this morning. 676 in total in 4 sets of 150, 164, 162, 200...just kept going until my right knee started to click. Wanted to get over 266 to break my own record, but clicking knees means stop. Physio's orders are to go for walks so might do the Strid Wood this aft.