Page 61 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

But at least you beat Antonio!

I don't recall seeing him tbh. Two weeks until dunnerdale, that race will kill me if I can't recover, I'll be leaving in a pine box.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    But at least you beat Antonio!
    Antonio was at Race to the Summit.

Behind me of course, as were all the V70s.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 30-10-2021 at 09:31 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Black Lane Ends today, 3.9m/1000'. Another awful day at the races, been on a course of antibiotics all week to try and shift my throat infection, it's going slowly, but the coughing is still going strong.

I started at my usual speed today, but it was too fast for my reduced aerobic capacity and i soon ran myself into o2 debt. The climbs were murder, nothing in the legs, no power and little speed. I was coughing up crap all way round and i nearly threw up in my coughing fit as i left the finish line. Most people probably wouldn't torture themselves like this, they'd just go steady and wait for better days. Great presentation after and great to sink a couple of pints of White Witch whilst i was there.
    Nice to chat in the pub and really glad you have enjoyed the series which has given me a lot of pleasure too. See you at Dunnerdale where I will be on the Knott to cheer everybody on. Latest scores are up on the Home Page.
    Charmian Heaton

Quote Originally Posted by Charmian View Post
    Nice to chat in the pub and really glad you have enjoyed the series which has given me a lot of pleasure too. See you at Dunnerdale where I will be on the Knott to cheer everybody on. Latest scores are up on the Home Page.
    See you there, i'm hoping for a sub 50m.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Good luck - I can see you dipped under 50m in 2019 so a good target.
    Charmian Heaton

50m on the bike today, up to the craven arms and back. Still feeling like i'm training at altitude, i've not struggled as much in recent years to turn a 36/26 up the steep chevin, and all the effort and blowing didn't seem to translate into body heat and sweating either. Took over 3h in the end and well under my target average speed of 16mph. nobody saw fit to shout at me for not waering a helmet, though, so a bonus there.

Ok so, Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, 0.25m/ 110', 7 reps. Times as follows:

5 Carr Bridge Drive reps tonight, times as follows...

The total is 597s, and compared to the times i should be running for 5 reps- 559s, i'm 7% slower. So my estimate after Black Lane Ends of having lost 8% of my aerobic capacity wasn't far off. The leg speed seems to be there, but my legs get cooked too early and the lactate burn just persists...plus the awful blowing and panting.

The 50@50 situation is looking dicey, i tried to enter the Litton Xmas Cracker at teatime on the 1st Nov only to find it must have been full by lunchtime; so i don't have an entry. I've explained by email that i'd like an EOD so i can defend my position, but i'm not hopeful. Last time i ran this event it was EOD and basically a very pleasant hilly trail race with a final yomp up to a trig; why it is now so sought after i can't really understand, it has to be the fastest filling race in fell running. Garry Greenhow only now needs to put on his shoes and i'm down to third. I'm not used to the bitter disappointment of high end racing, i'm going to need a session of counselling off Noel at some point.

I'm not used to the bitter disappointment of high end racing, i'm going to need a session of counselling off Noel at some point.
    I was impressed by Gareth Thomas when he was on Richard Osman's House of Games a few months back. Despite not being much good at general knowledge, he still had a keen competitive spirit. He said "take the pressure and grow!"

My old mince pies are ageing a bit, i thought it was take the pressure and 'growl', but you've used a punctuation mark.

Sod it, i'm going to growl anyway.