Page 62 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post

The 50@50 situation is looking dicey, i tried to enter the Litton Xmas Cracker at teatime on the 1st Nov only to find it must have been full by lunchtime; so i don't have an entry. I've explained by email that i'd like an EOD so i can defend my position, but i'm not hopeful. Last time i ran this event it was EOD and basically a very pleasant hilly trail race with a final yomp up to a trig; why it is now so sought after i can't really understand, it has to be the fastest filling race in fell running. Garry Greenhow only now needs to put on his shoes and i'm down to third. I'm not used to the bitter disappointment of high end racing, i'm going to need a session of counselling off Noel at some point.
    If it is allowed Mr B, you are welcome to have my place in order to keep your 50@50 challenge on track.

I think one of the problems with pre entry, especially on-line with the likes of SIentries, Fabian4 and in this case AVTiming is that it appears to take away from the RO the ability to allow a "wildcard" entry.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

This is one of those situations where we need a "like" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    If it is allowed Mr B, you are welcome to have my place in order to keep your 50@50 challenge on track.

I think one of the problems with pre entry, especially on-line with the likes of SIentries, Fabian4 and in this case AVTiming is that it appears to take away from the RO the ability to allow a "wildcard" entry.
    Thankyou. Let me see if i can get a definite answer first, they have yet to reply to my email. I don't like pre entry online either, it lends itself to 'computer says no'.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I've tried a different email address for the Xmas Cracker, fingers crossed! They seem to have changed the course dramatically from when i last did it, no more paddling in Miller's Dale.

A permissive path that was used on the original course has been blocked off, hence the new route.

It now boasts more ascent and you will still get wet feet as there is a crossing of the River Wye to negotiate. There will be people on hand to fish you out if required and stop you ending up in the Humber Estuary!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

The new route actually looks to favour me more. You're about a third of the way round before you hit a hill and one descent down.

First time i've done four sessions in a week since my left ITB car crash months ago.

Tinshill Lane rep, 1x 0.7m/240'
    Carr Bridge Drive reps, 2x 0.25m/110' (1.53, 1.57)
    Tinshill Lane rep, 1x 0.7m/240' (5.15)
    Carr Bridge Drive reps, 2x 0.25m/110' (2.03, 2.00)

I blew up 3/4 of the way up the first Tinshill rep, just couldn't get the air in. Second one timed at 5.15, so sub 5m is the target when i'm well. Still slow on the short reps, the cold flared up badly last night so i had to cancel pilates and turn in at half seven.

Parkrun today, Bramley. New course so PBs are void, liked the old one better as it had fewer corners, some of the new corners are hairpins. Ran 21.05, very windy.

'Full Tour of the Fairy Hills' route today from Linton, 5.5m/1700', bit of a Dunnerdale preamble. I can normally run the whole first climb up Elbolton Hill, but i was on my arse half way up, i mean i basically staggered to the cairn. The next climb up Stebden Hill was so breathless i nearly stopped for a rest, and the fast blast down and back to fell gate was a struggle. My legs just go to jelly after no time, i couldn't breath any faster if i tried and i have no climbing power at all. God knows when this is going to end.

I've made up a batch of Chinese medicinal garlic soup; it's recommended for stagnation and all invasions of wind and cold, especially conditions of the lung. Three garlic bulbs in all, a portion for every day next week so it'll be like eating half a garlic bulb every day for a week.

Tinshill Lane rep, 1x 0.7m/240'
    Carr Bridge Drive reps, 8x 0.25m/110'

I decided to just set off on the first rep and let my legs find a speed. I felt better and managed to get to the top of Tinshill Lane quite comfortably, i seemed faster. I started on the Carr Bridge reps and just kept going until i ran out of time, i could have done more and i felt a lot more comfortably going deep. My legs were not burning up quickly like the were doing at the weekend. I might survive Dunnerdale, i've at least got a shot at getting clear at the start and not getting trampled by the 405 runners there'll be on that tiny lane.