Page 65 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

6.5m at 8.00mmp with horsforth harriers last night, or that's what she said it was anyway, it felt easy. I met Emma Glasbey from Look North news, she runs with HH.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Hobnobbing with the stars Mr B!

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Hobnobbing with the stars Mr B!
    I thought, it's got to be you, so i just asked her straight away. Get it out of the way, don't be embarassed. I asked her about Christa Ackroyd's mysterious departure, we still don't know where the body is, i think Tim Davie has eaten it.

Don't think we've got any stars of showbiz in our club.

see Dave Moorcroft around, but he doesn't train. Also Katrina Wootton although she obviously doesn't train with us (and didn't seem too keen to join my Lee Mill Relay team either!)

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I thought, it's got to be you, so i just asked her straight away. Get it out of the way, don't be embarassed. I asked her about Christa Ackroyd's mysterious departure, we still don't know where the body is, i think Tim Davie has eaten it.
    Christa Ackroyd. Gee how old are you?

Anyway, allegedly, it was over tax fraud on her remuneration although it turns out she was innocent (of tax fraud)

However, allegedly, she was head hunted from Yorkshire TV to be paid more than any of the existing BBC team (eg Mr Grayson)and behaved like the Queen bee - so nobody at the BBC would have been too sad to see her go or clamour for her return.

Allegedly.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Graham, forgive me, but I think you are getting Harry Gration mixed up with Larry Grayson.

Shut that door
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Normal service is beginning to resume, my new cold that stopped me travelling to Cardington must have killed the old one on its way in. This body was obviously not big enough for the both of them. I had to dig deep to stop the rot in my times, but all reps were sub 2 by a long way.

1x sub 5m rep of Tinshill Lane
    5 reps of CBD; 1.48, 1.54, 1.59, 1.56, 1.56

Litton Xmas Cracker race today, extended to 9m for the river crossing. Legs weak after weeks of not racing and getting snowed off the hills, but cracked 80pts for 50@50. My legs went to jelly on the last climb after the beck crossing. Not a bad effort all in all, it would be nice if i can stay undiseased until Wansfell now.

Quite a bit of resting this week, but did 150 consecutive squats then pushed 140 to failure on the leg press on Thursday. Got to about 21 reps.

Parkrun today, 21.17. Persistently producing times much slower than my pb, probably the new course. I came 2nd today and so far none of the winners have been sub 20 on the runs I've done.

There is a guy from Leeds City AC who's a regular at Bramley, and can run around 22mins pushing 2 toddlers in a double buggy. I asked him what his V02 max is, but he doesn't know.

I see on the Run Britain site that your parkrun pb is 19:02....

That is decent....