Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Hill interval sprints on Fewston Reservoir dam wall, 20 reps run up walk down. Didn't really give it 100% as i have the new left knee problem still threatening me and my back is still not fully recovered. Looking back at my training record i was least prone to acute flare-ups and missed weeks when i was mixing cycling and easy runs with little climb in them. Jogged the half mile from the car park to the Washburn Heritage Centre and back for tea and cake utilising a forefoot strike.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Ran Great Whernside race today. Still taping left knee after the repetetive strain problem that hit me a few weeks ago, and tried a strip of K-Tape on my right hand Anterolateral ligament to see if it will ease the soreness resulting from my over-dependancy on TFL. Trimmed the end down to a half width arc following the line of my kneecap and anchored half way up ITB.

Going to try and get up for Wild Boar Fell next week, but the racing is going to have to be knocked on the head if problems flare up. It's a risky strategy as i'm going against the knowledge that too much running not interspersed with cycling is bad for me; but there's 3 races i love all in a row
    Last edited by mr brightside; 25-10-2014 at 03:49 PM.

and not to mention 1st january

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    and not to mention 1st january
    What's happening on 1st Jan?

2015 prolly

I'm surrounded by loonies.

Interesting array of foot pain from descending Gt Whernside with a forefoot strike, bottoms of both feet feel pretty sore and i feel like i have a turned left ankle; but i don't think i do. Never known foot pain like it. Working on quickly switching to heel strikes for dodgy looking or rough ground when the need is there.

I'm surrounded by loonies.
    But you already knew that didn't you.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    tried a strip of K-Tape on my right hand Anterolateral ligament to see if it will ease the soreness resulting from my over-dependancy on TFL.
    This actually worked very well, so much so that soreness was isolated strictly to the LCL. Going to try splitting the tape end into 2 half strips and covering both ligaments as they split from ITB, with anchor on the ITB again. Comfrey oil is really good at taking the burn out of these types of connective tissue sornesses, thanks to Tindersticks for bringing the stuff to everyone's attention.

Hill sprints on Fewston Reservoir dam wall, 20 reps sprint up/walk down in sets of 5. Wearing myself a nice little trod up the embankment now, no need to pick a route around the thistles any more. Steady warm down jog in the club style round to the Washburn Heritage Centre for tea and cake. A very posh sounding girl seemed to take a shine to me, asking lots of questions about what i'd been getting up to and whether i was taping my bad knee etc. Must be a previously unknown catalytic side effect of the CRB vest; the technical material must somehow chemically modify the stench of sweat and bog water, producing a pheromone of some sort. Note to self- wear it all the time.

Dunnerdale, 5m/1800', nice pies.