Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Castle Carr race today, 6.8m/1600'. SiEntries has placed me 4th, the lad in 5th beat me but took ages to dib, so 5th and 1st V40 which won me a box of jelly babies. Overall a very strong run.

5m with horsforth harriers tonight, zone 2 pace apart from a brief effort of 1350m run at level pace. I ran an extra lap of a loop over what the rest of the group were doing, as I set off at 6mmp I was described to onlookers as an imposter.

Not going to be doing parkrun on saturday, so a straight 5k tonight up at the 'track', otherwise known as Southway. 450 per lap so it was 11.1 laps; the watch was stopped at 18.58, but i hit the stop button after 6 laps instead of the lap button, so i reckon i can say 19.02 with a 6 lap split of 10.14. I didn't get into 2 strides per breath until about 900m, so it was a steady start with a desire for a flat pace. A decent session.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Great time MrB.

My fastest 5km time is also on a "time trial" course, rather than a parkrun/official race.

The distance is approximate rather than measured, I calculated it using the circumference of a circle formula and MMap. It could be as much as 50m either way. The time suggests I'm more or less on the money, I'd have been a bit suspicious of a very comfortable sub 19.

Oddly enough I passed trinity and all saints college track on the way up. It's got grass growing out of it and I don't think they give a toss about it, but if I'd have been gripped in the middle of the session I'd have been pissed off.

saturday, Really Wild Boar race 5m/1400', 51.48. The headwind was ferocious on the way out which slowed me quite a bit, PB pace would have stuck me in the mix for the vets prize. Probably need to re-recce the descent, as i went slightly off course and found the biggest shake hole i've ever seen.

Sunday, 50m on the bike to the craven arms and back. Quite a sticky day, warmer than expected and legs a bit sore from saturday's race which i didn't expect. I think the 2m powering into a headwind worked them a bit.

5.5m at a steady zone 2 pace with horsforth harriers last night. I always find the wide variety of gaits and running styles/foibles quite interesting in a group setting. I often wonder how some people don't just fall over.

I was going to update the thread last night, but I got sidetracked by a documentary on The Hacienda. I won Bramley parkrun on Saturday which was nice, the time was 20.01, I guess someone had to win with all the usual suspects missing.

Last chance to get a bit of climbing in before dunnerdale today, 7.8m/2400' from kettlewell. Not a particularly fast pace, but keeping going up the grinding climbs was testing. I had some syrup sponge and custard in the blue bell after. It took ages to reach me, but tasted fine.

Well done.... i assume "usual suspects" were otherwise engaged at the National Cross Country Relays.... Leeds had at least 3 teams, and there was great representation from all over the country.

I thought they might be in bed after a hectic friday night of drink and bonfire toffee, but if it was the XC then that will be it.