Page 93 of 131 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

A steady 5m with horsforth harriers last night. My back is dodgy after i got a spasm pulling my socks up on monday morning, shouldn't affect dunnerdale, but the car alternator has gone so i may have to carry spare electricity.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Nice session tonight up at the 'track'. Quite a warm evening and my left ankle felt sore, so only a few laps.

1x 3k (11.15)
    2x 450 (88, 89)

My 3k pace is 3.45/km; so at that distance I'm lapping for a projected 17.30 5k. For whatever reason the arse falls out of it with about 1.5k to go and I wheeze over the line in around 19m. My philosophy of less is almost as much is probably to blame here.

3:45/km is 18:45 for 5km, not 17:30

Although I completely understand your point... I went through 3km in 10:54 a couple of weeks back at the XC, and have a track 3km pb of about 10:30...

So my 3km pb pace is equivalent to 17:30 for 5km... Yet my 5km pb is "only" low 18's...

Probably points to speed endurance being an issue. But yes there seems to me to be much bigger jump in pace from 5km to 3km, than there is from say 10km to 5km.

All that aside, 11:15 is a perfectly respectable 3km time for someone who doesn't race those shorter "track" distances.
    Last edited by Travs; 10-11-2022 at 11:12 PM.

Sorry, miscalculation. My artithmetic isn't what it was when i was playing darts regularly.

53.13 for dunnerdale today, and felt quite a bit better than last year. I was idling down a couple of descent sections due to traffic, but that's dunnerdale, narrow and congested. 40s shaved off last year's time, but still feeling breathless. I could have barged past people a couple of times and blasted off, but they'd have thought me very inconsiderate.

Litton Birks Loop race today, 4.5m/1200'. Wasn't going to do this, but it was a good forecast and possibly the last one. My legs burnt up very early so i had to be content with a fast walk up the hill, yesterday had stripped quite a bit out of me. 3m slower than my PB.

Good job i haven't got any racing planned, i've got a horrific flu virus. The cough has strained my torso so much i got a back spasm in the supermarket today which appeared to the cashier as though i was having a heart attack; she was quite concerned. I can't see me being able to take a breath properly for a few weeks.

Ack - hope the flu does off quickly. Take it easy though.

A fairly steady 9m wheeze around thruscross reservoir today, starting and finishing at swinsty car park. I'd got most of the yellow crap up before I set off so I was only coughing maybe every other step. Lots of water about, and many dogs. Tea and two bits of cake in the Washburn heritage centre afterwards did nothing to dampen down my throbbing headache.

10x450m with horsforth harriers on tuesday. Quite a lot of coughing, but brought up a lot of crap that has been clogging my airway.