Page 94 of 131 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

New session tonight, kenyan hills, luckily Tinshill Lane and Carr Bridge Drive came up with the course. The route is a 0.6m/125' loop with equal profiles for both uphill and downhill legs, starting and finishing at the bottom of CBD. So allowing for errors, 8 loops is a nice 5m with a good 1000' of climb stuck in there, all run at a starting pace of 3 steps per breath which rises to 2 on the final part of ascent.

Only 4 laps tonight as i've got a medial peroneal tendon niggle in my left foot, but the aim is to do 8 every time and keep the pace level, which i gather is the requirement for kenyan hills. Sorry Travs i don't have a time for the loop, but i can get one if you want.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I think keeping effort level is preferable to keeping pace level. Always going to see an increased pace on the downhill parts, but the main thing is its a constant effort.

Awful Bramley parkrun today, 21.02, had that feeling of oxygen starvation again, probably due to worsening chest problems with the flu. I made easy pickings for the 'around 21m' gang.

34m on the bike today; Leeds-Leathley-Beckwithshaw-Fewston-Otley-Leeds. There was probably 2500' of climb in this one, and i definitely had 3 slices of cake and a bit of tiffin. I could do with getting back into the biking a bit, all the racing has got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    34m on the bike today; Leeds-Leathley-Beckwithshaw-Fewston-Otley-Leeds. There was probably 2500' of climb in this one, and i definitely had 3 slices of cake and a bit of tiffin. I could do with getting back into the biking a bit, all the racing has got in the way.
    I fell off in bizarre circumstances a week ago (other riders were involved) and I was bashed about a bit so just 26 miles today (no calorie intake) but I rode up Black Hill (Arthington to above Bramhope) to restore my manhood. Black Hill passes a quarry and a farm so adhesion can be a problem, along with the 20+% climb - so the climb is invariably nasty, always brutish and certainly never short.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I fell off in bizarre circumstances a week ago (other riders were involved)
    The "bizarre circumstances" need to be made public Graham, so that the bizarreness can be judged!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    The "bizarre circumstances" need to be made public Graham, so that the bizarreness can be judged!
    Although I have never kissed the tarmac before on my Italian bike I think further detail would be otiose. Suffice to say I was riding in close proximity with two younger ladies - which fact you may consider bizarre enough in itself.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Although I have never kissed the tarmac before on my Italian bike I think further detail would be otiose. Suffice to say I was riding in close proximity with two younger ladies - which fact you may consider bizarre enough in itself.
    So a born again cyclist swerved out as you overtook and wiped your front wheel out?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    So a born again cyclist swerved out as you overtook and wiped your front wheel out?
    No, Mr B, I think the clue is in Graham's use of the expression "kissed the tarmac", followed by the mention of two younger ladies. I think we can assume that tarmac wasn't the intended object of the kissing.
    Last edited by anthonykay; 28-11-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I'm rather late to this, as I had to look up what otiose meant, but I have to agree with Llani Boy that more details are required as it seems far too interesting to remain secret.