Page 97 of 131 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Bramley parkrun this morning, 21.08, a very slow day made worse by some very soggy conditions on the fields, mudclaws would have been useful. First proper speed session in about 3 weeks, kwl giggleswick next week which will be my first race of the series, I'm not bothering with scout scar.

Lied to by the weather again causing me to depart for the craven arms in a wind proof, not a water proof. Pelted on for an hour or so and arrived drenched to the skin. Luckily i got all my gear dried by the fire whilst i drank 3 pints and ate a hot pudding. There were plenty of dogs to say hello to and a cricket team turned up in a minibus, it was quite busy.

50m in total, legs weren't performing.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Lied to by the weather again causing me to depart for the craven arms in a wind proof, not a water proof. Pelted on for an hour or so and arrived drenched to the skin. Luckily i got all my gear dried by the fire whilst i drank 3 pints and ate a hot pudding. There were plenty of dogs to say hello to and a cricket team turned up in a minibus, it was quite busy.

50m in total, legs weren't performing.
    3 pints?

Do you ride a trike so you don't topple over?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    3 pints?

No. He's hardcore and can handle his ale! If I'd done Bramley Parkrun, I'd have needed more than three pints!

i drank 3 pints and ate a hot pudding.
    Do you eat the pudding first or down the 3 pints? Or perhaps you take them together

I suppose whatever floats your boat!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Do you eat the pudding first or down the 3 pints? Or perhaps you take them together

I suppose whatever floats your boat!
    Pudding first, there was quite a scrum for fire space.

25 reps of 160kg on the inclined leg press this morning, warmed up with 100 bodyweight squats.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    3 pints?

It's the optimum, G. 4 is too many, 2 is too little. I just like to spend as much time stood by the fire as i can.

I've decided to abandon getting sufficient counters for the KWL, my hamstring recovery will make it risky, one instance of the splits and i'm reinjured. I am instead going to prepare for the legendary local dog's egg dodge now in its third year known as 'We Need To Talk About Chevin'. A 9m/2150' navigational nightmare strongly favouring local runners with LK, poo-bag spotters with eyes like a shithouse rat, and any runner who is confident around a spooked horse. The big bonus here is that you look really hard in front of walkers who think the Chevin is a big hill. My preparation for this can include a few KWL races, and can be undertaken as a taper which is far more sensible given the state of my hamstring.

10k with horsforth harriers last night at solid zone 2 pace, nose breathing possible for most of the way. Hamstring is now a category 5 niggle, almost out of the acute phase. Need to get back on the bike in prep for the chevin race.

The big bonus here is that you look really hard in front of walkers who think the Chevin is a big hill.
    I have always thought the Kate Moss line that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" was straight to the point and when I go out pushing pedals for 30 miles (1000 feet) in the wind and rain I know that I will still have that glow of superiority keeping me warm inside.

Whenever it rains I love to follow the River Wharfe to Harewood Bridge and reflect that on some days in Ilkley you can walk across the river in boots and keep your toes dry but after rain the river can readily reach 12 feet deep.

Thank goodness for bridges.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 13-01-2023 at 11:36 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".