Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rigby Round news

Rigby Round news

News from Jon Gay that he, Jonathan Whilock and Tracy Dean completed the Rigby Round together in 23:31:53 yesterday morning, with Tracy believed to be the first lady Rigby completer and Jonathan just the second person to complete the four big rounds (Bob Graham, Ramsay, Paddy Buckley and Rigby). So well done to all!

Yes Jon W. informs me it was the hardest one to date. The poor weather made it a tough day in the Cairngorms. Congratulations Jon Jon and Tracy great following this one on the tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by petestack View Post
    News from Jon Gay that he, Jonathan Whilock and Tracy Dean completed the Rigby Round together in 23:31:53 yesterday morning, with Tracy believed to be the first lady Rigby completer and Jonathan just the second person to complete the four big rounds (Bob Graham, Ramsay, Paddy Buckley and Rigby). So well done to all!

Great news, well done to all. Was wondering how they'd got on

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellzebra View Post
    Great news, well done to all. Was wondering how they'd got on
    I spoke to Jon W last night and he said he thought for him it was the hardest of the 4 rounds he has done. he attributes this partly due to the very rough ground with lots of heather and boulders and very few tracks and also that there is so much more out and out running on this in order to meet the schedule. the old adage of walk the uphills and jog anything that is level or downhill did not apply and he siad they had to run so many of the inclines in order to stay in time. It also measured 75 miles on the tracker too, making it much longer. Well done to all 3 a great acheivement.

hi, thanks for the support. have to say i underestimated how difficult it would be. it was a great day out with 2 fantastic people though.
    just wanted to say that i'm not the 2nd to do all 4, theres some real legends like digby, yiannis & rob a long way ahead i think.
    jonathan.

Well done, that's a great day out. I'm envious.

Obviously not quite enough to pull my finger out, get the training in and do it myself. But still envious enough.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by jwpipes66 View Post
    just wanted to say that i'm not the 2nd to do all 4, theres some real legends like digby, yiannis & rob a long way ahead i think.
    Just reported what Jon G told me (had assumed he got it from you), but sure we can check. Thought Yiannis took > 24 hours for the Rigby?

Master
    Bob Berzins (Dark Peak) has done the 4 as well.

I'd be interested in seeing the route, Nicky and I had a crack a few years ago and we were knocked back by really bad weather. my planned route though came out around 60 miles after much route changing and discussion with Rob and Bob.

hi, we roughly followed the rob woodall recommended route. there's bit's you could make shorter but you'd add ascent. we ended up running approx 75 miles. we had poor conditions for the first 4 hrs and last 3 so don't think we got the best lines. was certainly rough going. the great thing about the challenge is that route choice is very flexible. would like to do a clockwise now to compare