Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigby Round news

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwpipes66 View Post
    would like to do a clockwise now to compare
    Ha Ha. Had to smile when I read this bit Jon! How about next weekend for a quick clockwise saunter, I'm sure Jon and Tracy would be keen to join you!

hi, we roughly followed the rob woodall recommended route. there's bit's you could make shorter but you'd add ascent. we ended up running approx 75 miles. we had poor conditions for the first 4 hrs and last 3 so don't think we got the best lines. was certainly rough going. the great thing about the challenge is that route choice is very flexible. would like to do a clockwise now to compare
    I'd like to give it another crack but age may be going against me. although Yiannis may question that

despite the gales rain snow and ice on our trip I still rate it as the best day on the hill I've ever had.

I'm not knocking the other great rounds but this is done on site with no reccies and no support...

well done for completeing it.

hi, there is something special about running with all your food, map & compass. no support crew or saftey net. the gorms are fantastic too. think thats why i fancy going back and doing it c/w. beats work anyday.

Master
    hi, there is something special about running with all your food, map & compass. no support crew or saftey net. the gorms are fantastic too. think thats why i fancy going back and doing it c/w. beats work anyday.
    I hope Mr Pipes is going to tell about his latest epic tale on here?

hi, couldn't resist having another go clockwise so set off on wed 9th at 2am again. had problems from the start but eg contact lens falling out but went ok till about 8 hrs in when i realised how tired my legs. from then it was a slog to the finish in the burning sun. guts were awful, throwing up when i tried to eat so no food for the last 8 hrs. revived when it cooled off and ran went up braeiriach ok and ran in well. did 23 hrs 17 mins. happy with that considering my state. my feet, ankles, achilles, and knees (from falling) are in a mess but it was a beautiful day, just wish i'd been able to enjoy it.
    word of advise, never do 2 rounds so close, it really hurts.

Well done Jon,Ant told me.Flying the flag for Staffs Moorlands!

Finlay Wild with I think a new record, 16h 40m
    https://www.strava.com/activities/5681203303

Oli Johnson (DPFR) set a record of about 17h40 (?) a few weeks ago, but no longer.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy