Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fastest Bob Graham's

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Chilton View Post
    According to singletrack: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...b-graham-round - "Mark Palmer who did 14:59 earlier this month, 4th fastest on record" in 2011
    That's me you're quoting as an (undeserved) authority can't remember how I knew the details of Mark's round but most likely just read it on here...

It was reported in the Welsh FRA newsletter that year, with a ? in the title and written by a 'Mike' Palmer. Same text appeared in article by Mark Palmer in Autumn 2011 Fellrunner. What is strange is that it seems to have been little noticed and certainly under-appreciated since. He was 47 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Afraid not. I'd be surprised if there's more than 10 ladies who've done sub 20hr. Three years ago the total sub 20hr was 76, not sure how many went sub 20 in 2012 but there were only 3 in 2013 (all male) and there's been just one so far this year, again male. I think we reckoned on three ladies having gone sub 20hr.

I need to get both these lists sorted out.
    Not intending to create work for you here Bob but I wonder what the current total figures are for sub-20 hour rounds. I think there have been at least 5 so far this year. Is it really the case that there have been less than a 100 rounds in the history of the challenge which have seen sub-20 hours? Cheers.

I've currently got 3 sub 20hr rounds that have been submitted. I've not been following all the trackers - I was away in Scotland last weekend for example.

So to date there have been 83 (plus those from 2012) plus potentially two from this year who haven't yet submitted their forms so I'd say it's definitely under 100, probably still under 90, out of just over 1900 members. As indicated earlier this is just first rounds, not subsequent rounds such as Billy Bland's current record.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Interesting Stats - thanks Bob. Regarding this years sub-20 hours I know of one on the weekend of Sat 6th June, two on the weekend of Sat 30th May, Nicky Spinks' record (although that is a repeat round) and I think there was one in April. With another one scheduled for this weekend it could be a bumper year. That said, the most important thing is getting round is 23.59 or less.

I'm (ahem) at work so don't have access to the list of this year's successes - it's contenders only so no subsequent rounds. Most people get their ratification forms in reasonably quickly but not everyone is as speedy. So there's three sub 20hr rounds out of those who've registered an attempt and submitted their forms which means that there's one person yet to send me their form.
    Bob

The two on the 30th May have sent in their times as has the individual from last weekend. There are two registered rounds from April who haven't let me know how they got on so it's possible that one of those is sub 20hr.
    Bob

Cheers bob. I may be wrong about the April one-I remember glancing at a tracker and noting that it was fast and sub-20 but I am starting to doubt myself.