Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays Tennis

Master

Todays Tennis

Brilliant game played by what looks to be a champion of the future http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...2014-live.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/28117391

nice to see Nadal looking uncomfortable and a little nonplussed
    The older I get the Faster I was

The Scottish guy got beat.
    No country for old men.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    The Scottish guy got beat.
    yep I don`t think he will win Wimbledon again
    The older I get the Faster I was

I thought Andy Murray had died. But no.
    With all that is going on in the world the BBC just spent the first 10 minutes of the lunchtime news slavering over him because he is retiring this year! They even had a reporter at Dunblane and Wimbledon.
    Whilst having to give up sport due to injury can be devastating to anyone, as I know, I am sure his bank balance will cushion the blow and buy a stock of Kleenex Mansize.
    The main downside for me is that we are going to have to listen to his boring monotone voice during tennis tournaments.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Easy Llani.

Just don't watch tennis 😂🤣😂

I need my annual fix of Eugenie Bouchard!

Super Moderator
    McTim the former Scottish choker?

The lad has won some of the biggest events in a sport where we’ve been systematically and consistently rubbish since before Joss’ Dog was a pup. Fair play to him. And respect is due for the news conference yesterday. It takes real cojones to admit to yourself you’re knackered, never mind the world

I'll admit it took me a long time to warm to the lad but I have to hand it to him, he has done us and the sport of tennis proud. For me, his greatest achievement was literally throwing his body into the fray to help win the Davis Cup. For such a focussed champ to submit himself to such a gruelling competition for the good of the team speaks volumes about the true character of the man.

I am surprised he has carried for as long as he has given the damage his body has sustained. A true sporting hero in my eyes.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I agree that he was/is a great tennis player but for his imminent retirement making the main story on the BBC News and the gushy reporting. OTT. Pass me the sick bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I agree that he was/is a great tennis player but for his imminent retirement making the main story on the BBC News and the gushy reporting. OTT. Pass me the sick bag!
    He has achieved plenty for his sport and his country, but the announcement of his retirement was a tad "drama queen" with all the tears etc; he could have displayed a bit of "British stiff upper lip".
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!