Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bluetrail Ultra, Tenerife

Doubling as five word post(s)
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    ... and have the Transvulcania coming up in May. This is unfinished business for me as I was forced to miss it last year due to injury (although I still went out to La Palma and sussed out the logistics).
    I was planning on doing the Transvulcania last year, but the months leading up to it I was developing a problem with one knee, particularly descending, and having seen the previously posted video I decided not to enter otherwise I could do some serious damage. As it turned out, my knee problem got worse and sidelined me for most of last year. I started getting mobile again six months ago, and started using trekking poles, and they are amazing. So efficient at covering distance, up and down, and taking lots of stress off the legs and keeping them fresh for much longer. For something like the Canarian events, I'd say they would prove very useful.

Definitely. It's not as a fashion statement that most of the runners carry poles.
    I'd have taken them to Gran Canaria if I hadn't been such a cheapskate and gone just with hand luggage. I'm paying for a suitcase for the Transvulcania so the poles are coming!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies