Thread: Pikes Peak Uphill Only

Wolverhampton - nearest 'hill' the Wrekin!

Pikes Peak Uphill Only

Can anyone tell me who has been selected for this event?

Not that I'd have ever been in the running, but from day one I tried to show a passing interest and all I could glean is that there was a trial race on 25th May, in 'Snowdonia'. No details of where in Snowdonia, distance, climb, start time, nothing in the handbook or anywhere I could see. Perhaps it was a case of contacting the selectors if interested, so as to restrict the field to genuine contenders and therefore organisation to a minimum, I don't know.

Subsequent to this date I've seen no results nor announcement of the team, which it said was to be finalised on 8th June. Is it just me being dumb or what? i.e. what did one have to do to get selected?!

Tim,
    Yes your being a bit numb! It was the Beddgelert challenge race, results are on the fellrunner results pages, I'm not sure of the full team but I know Karl has been selected (he was third English finisher and is running very well)
    the selectors only pick from the trial if it suits them though so you have no guarantees even if you do well. Twice now someone who has finished behind me in a trial race has been selected for Snowdon. your face has to fit and mine doesn't!
    you doing Kentmere tomoz, if so see you there!
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

Wolverhampton - nearest 'hill' the Wrekin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    Tim,
    Yes your being a bit numb! It was the Beddgelert challenge race, results are on the fellrunner results pages, I'm not sure of the full team but I know Karl has been selected (he was third English finisher and is running very well)
    the selectors only pick from the trial if it suits them though so you have no guarantees even if you do well. Twice now someone who has finished behind me in a trial race has been selected for Snowdon. your face has to fit and mine doesn't!
    you doing Kentmere tomoz, if so see you there!
    Plan to. You? Though as I've stated in my other post I'm in 2 minds as I don't really want to travel all that way only for it to be a low level trail race if there's a risk of lightning.