Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramsay Round Jules C!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules C View Post
    But on your green route, the bits I wish I'd checked were the circa 150m that cuts the corner between the first forest road you hit coming off the descent and the second. I'd say either reccy and find a clear line, or sacrifice the 5-10 mins short cut and just follow the track SE then back NW. But as it stands the straight line on your map between the two forest roads is like a bomb-site.

The second point is literally 150m from the end, to get from the forest road to the main road. That's easily solved now - but do reccy. You need to take the new path that links the track with the road, circa 0.5m SE of the YHA (at the point the road and track are closest together)
    Really glad to hear this from someone else, I was worried I'd just been an idiot.

The cut between the 2 forest roads used to be made easily enough if you run SE beyond the felled / wind blown section.
    Or has the felling been extended SE ?

Quote Originally Posted by andy k View Post
    The cut between the 2 forest roads used to be made easily enough if you run SE beyond the felled / wind blown section.
    Or has the felling been extended SE ?
    Andy, there's a definite 'felled' section where the narrow path off the hill meets the forest road. That's been there for years as far as I know. I used to turn right onto the forest road for around 150m to avoid, then cut down through the forest relatively easily down onto the lower road. But now that has a lot of wind blown trees. It may be posible to cut down a bit further along, but I've not reccied it.

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Jules C View Post
    The second point is literally 150m from the end, to get from the forest road to the main road. That's easily solved now - but do reccy. You need to take the new path that links the track with the road, circa 0.5m SE of the YHA (at the point the road and track are closest together)
    Is there actually a path there now? In the past I've forced my way through the trees at that point.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Hi, I'm looking to have apop at the Charlie Ramsay round this year. any tips on how best to support itfor my pacing team and the such like would be much appreciated!
    HB
    pain is weakness leaving the body

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit botherer View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to have apop at the Charlie Ramsay round this year. any tips on how best to support itfor my pacing team and the such like would be much appreciated!
    HB
    Not a lot of logistics as only 2 support points!

I think it is easiest to get a MTB for the changeover at Loch Eidle Mor and your leg 2 support can cycle out on the same bike. Little difference in time - and your support team will have an easier time and look after you better!