Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porridge

Porridge

Started having porridge for breakfast on a morning at work as part of my new 'getting back racing' calorification system. It's £1.09 a pot from Waitrose, Stoat's Scottish Porridge, comes with added brown sugar instead of removed sugar like some 'healthier' brands. Tasted nice, like porridge your granny used to feed you as a child, certainly better than a greasy bacon and egg followed by heartburn. I've asked the sarnie woman for less greasy food but she just rolled her eyes and shreiked at me like she always does when you ask for something. I think i've been getting fat on sarnies while i've been out, i reckon i've put a kilo on and it isn't muscle bulk, i'm nearly up to 66Kg now! If i carry on at this rate i'll be needing 70PSI in my bike tyres before long.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Banned
    Porridge oats (cheap bag ones) Dried cooking fruit, Almond Milk, mixed nuts and seeds (Aldi) and a spoon full of Honey on race days.

No cooking or heating, can be eaten on way to a race or drunk out of a cup.

Easy and good Mr B

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Porridge oats (cheap bag ones) Dried cooking fruit, Almond Milk, mixed nuts and seeds (Aldi) and a spoon full of Honey on race days.

Easy and good Mr B
    Good advice but add GINGER for its anti inflammatory properties essential on ultra distance
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

Easy and good Mr B
    That's probably my breakfast from hell, but i can't argue with it being healthy for you.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Pin head oats - from Booths or Holland and Barrett - made with 50/50 water/oat milk, and sweetened with some chopped dates - delicious after a grapefruit, as it tastes full and sweet.

Banned
    Give it a go mate and see what you think!!!!!!!

Flapjack bought from the local deli, no cooking involved , lazy but great food before a race ,x2 for a long race

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Pin head oats - from Booths or Holland and Barrett - made with 50/50 water/oat milk, and sweetened with some chopped dates - delicious after a grapefruit, as it tastes full and sweet.
    Seconded, but buy it dirt cheap at Suma or similar http://www.ecogreenstore.co.uk/index...ducts_id=20891

Add honey too or if you're really decadent (for those special occasions like Christmas Day brekkie)...double cream!!!
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Nah, nah. The big, fat rough oats from Booths with 50/50 water milk (100% water in the hills).
    Measure the whole Surface of the Earth with our own feet. Don Quixote

Bacon Butty - when you are as slow as me it doesn't matter
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell