Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recces

Hi there, I'd be up for that. I was thinking of next May for an attempt but that may slip to June so I'll be looking to do a serious amount of leg training and recces from hereon in. Count me in please.

Best, Phil

Hi Andy, are you still on for 1 & 2 on the 20th Sept ?

Best, Phil

I recced 1&2 with some club mates yesterday. We left the car and got the bus to Keswick. Works really well, the owners at raise house bunk house don't mind if BGers use the facilities, so you can pop in and make a cup of tea afterwards too..

It's a shame reccing the rest is not as logistically easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bromlp40 View Post
    Hi Andy, are you still on for 1 & 2 on the 20th Sept ?

Best, Phil
    Hi Phil,
    I'm heading to the lakes with Andy on the 20th, and, unless anything unforeseen happens then yes, we're still on for the 20th. We're aiming to be at Dunmail Raise for around 8.30am ish, and head up to Keswick from there. It looks like there is a bus at 9am, so if we can't hitch a lift before that time then we'll jump on the bus to Keswick. Planning on sections 1 & 2, but we will see how it goes depending on weather/fitness etc. Welcome to join us if you like,

Julian

Cheers Julian. My mobile is 07740444580 if that helps with comms.

Best, Phil

Cheers Julian. My mobile is 07740444580 if that helps with comms.

Best, Phil
    Cheers Phil,

will be in touch soon regarding our plans

Julian

Later in the spring I will try to do the whole lot over two days. I will start at Dunmail and do legs 3 and 4 then stay at Honister YHA. The following morning I will do leg 5 into Keswick where I can buy some provisions then continue on with legs 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    Later in the spring I will try to do the whole lot over two days. I will start at Dunmail and do legs 3 and 4 then stay at Honister YHA. The following morning I will do leg 5 into Keswick where I can buy some provisions then continue on with legs 1 and 2.
    Sounds like a plan, I'll keep tabs on the thread!!

That's good. My wife will ferry me to Keswick so could pick u up at Dunmail.

Phil

That's good. My wife will ferry me to Keswick so could pick u up at Dunmail.

Phil
    Phil,
    there might now be three of us coming that day, so, if we do meet up at Dunmail will you have enough room in the car?

Cheers,

Julian