Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desmond Damage

Desmond Damage

Part of the storm damage in and around Keswick appears to include the bridge used on the round to enter Fitz Park. I've seen quite a few shots of damage to main roads as well - the A591 just down from Dunmail Raise towards Wythburn has been washed away by Raise Beck.

Hope everyone in the area is safe.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Super Moderator
    Severe flooding in Keswick and surrounding area according to a friend who's up there atm. Mountain Rescue out and about assisting folk
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Severe flooding in Keswick and surrounding area according to a friend who's up there atm. Mountain Rescue out and about assisting folk
    Our team has just been released and now on the way home.

Fitz park bridge
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVe_J9-WsAAplAe.jpg:large

Looking like the Lakes transport infrastructure is taking an absolute beating.

Stay safe to everyone in risk areas!
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Looking like the Lakes transport infrastructure is taking an absolute beating.

Stay safe to everyone in risk areas!

Devastating for for all those affected, Carlisle has taken a battering again, my lass had water lapping at the end of her street, she's been lucky only her kitchen ceiling falling in, no power still though, up to the tops of the doors in the worst affected areas

High Coledale Bridge destroyed in Braithwaite. Most shocking of all though is Pooley Bridge being washed away.

Absolutely devastating. I really feel for the folk affected, especially so soon after the last floods. Well done to IDP and all the others involved in helping out.

Link to a charitable fund set up to help those affected by the floods http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...loodappeal2015

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    High Coledale Bridge destroyed in Braithwaite. Most shocking of all though is Pooley Bridge being washed away.

Absolutely devastating. I really feel for the folk affected, especially so soon after the last floods. Well done to IDP and all the others involved in helping out.
    All the peak teams were there, Mainly water rescue units, I wasn't there but was on stand by

getting about is going to be a night mare for a year or so. Bridges and paths have been washed away.

Think what the lakes is like on a bank holiday then halve the number of roads...terrible