Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

The class of 2015

The class of 2014 was a great idea I thought. Good luck to everyone having a go next year! Many folk will tell you they have very fond memories of their BG year(s)

Some useful links: Blogs - here plus here Bob Whiteman's website - here
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Five supports so far this year though I cancelled my own attempt, I'll be out to put that right in 2015.

I plan to start recceing this year so I'll follow the thread with interest. If people are out to recce and want company please let me know.

Not sure I have the credentials for this place....delusions of grandeur perhaps... but going to start training soon and see where I end up...so I'll be hanging around here. Cheers DT
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

For my sins I am throwing my hat in the ring for next year as well

Having 'clockwised' (finally) last year, my latest hair brained (and only this second thought up) scheme is for a crack at a solo anti-clockwise attempt. To do it solo would be fantastic, particularly anti-clockwise which has thus far proved to be a right bastard of a way round to go.

Also I could feasibly just pop over to the Lakes and do it when ever I like - so its a Friday evening, the weather's not looking too bad and, on a whim, I can suddenly mention to Hester "I know, I'll do a solo BG tonight"

That said it might be better, and slightly more prudent, if I can also enlist Hester to be soup lady at one or two of the road stops!

As to whether I could still fit that in this year or wait till next, I'm not sure. Winter is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by stolly View Post
    having 'clockwised' (finally) last year, my latest hair brained (and only this second thought up) scheme is for a crack at a solo anti-clockwise attempt. To do it solo would be fantastic, particularly anti-clockwise which has thus far proved to be a right bastard of a way round to go.

Also i could feasibly just pop over to the lakes and do it when ever i like - so its a friday evening, the weather's not looking too bad and, on a whim, i can suddenly mention to hester "i know, i'll do a solo bg tonight"

that said it might be better, and slightly more prudent, if i can also enlist hester to be soup lady at one or two of the road stops!

As to whether i could still fit that in this year or wait till next, i'm not sure. Winter is coming...
    liked!!!!!
    pies

I also have delusions of grandeur and would like to get some good recces in over the next 6 months, and then make a call whether to be class of 2015 or 2016. So I'll be keeping an eye out for some nice long days out, and might even instigate a few of my own!

Really looking forward to it

I have penciled in a round for June next year. Did Leg 3 of the Billy Bland relay this year and off to recce leg 1 & 2 together next week, the 555 bus is useful for this! Then just need a full recce of 4 & 5 although I know parts of that section.

That and finalise the support crew!

Super Moderator
    The BG section of this forum has loads of info and discussion. Some useful threads - 10,000ft per week plus learning BG sections and support tips and finally a good general BG discussion thread
    Poacher turned game-keeper