Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2015

Yeah, Steel Fell does seem to loom over you when at Dunmail. I don't mind the section after that other than the bit following Mere Beck which feels remarkably claustrophobic considering you are on a ridge!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Yeah but the point I'm getting at is that the blue line descent off of Dollywaggon is a quad buster - a marginally slower line (orange or red) could be better over the long haul as it involves less power braking than on that very steep (and always slippy when ever I've been down it) blue descent
    Point taken about the quads, I don’t find it an issue but I am better coming down than going up, there are a couple of patches of scree you can pick up to ease the pressure on the legs.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Well I have gone and done it now, regisered midnight Friday 19/Saturday 20 June!

Super Moderator
    Well done Pat. How's your training going?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Well done Pat. How's your training going?
    Going very well thanks. I am adhering to(a bit exceeding) my plan so far and no problems. Out for 2:45 last night and packed in a vertical Kilometre of climbing. Intending on having a go at the Kinder Dozen next week. I have the weekend Sat. May 9th booked for doing the whole thing over 2 days.

With the hills around me not being big enough, I have to do reps of the biggest of them, which takes a bit of will power to get out but feels great once done. 6 last night!
    https://www.strava.com/activities/262637303
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 04-03-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Hi all this summer i will be attempting the bgr on the first weekend of July! i am looking for willing volunteers for pacing and fun on recces during the build up if anyone's keen! also open to the idea of rounding at the same time as others if people are going for the same weekend?

I'm hoping to round on the same weekend. Ive got some support but will be hoping to get some more before then. It won't be a fast round. just want to get around in under 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibster View Post
    Hi all this summer i will be attempting the bgr on the first weekend of July! i am looking for willing volunteers for pacing and fun on recces during the build up if anyone's keen! also open to the idea of rounding at the same time as others if people are going for the same weekend?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    With the hills around me not being big enough, I have to do reps of the biggest of them, which takes a bit of will power to get out but feels great once done. 6 last night!
    https://www.strava.com/activities/262637303
    That's not too bad Pat - When I was training in the South, I'd do staircase reps during the dark evenings. I once managed 1,000m... Neighbour must have wondered what was going on!

Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by TriTait View Post
    I'm hoping to round on the same weekend. Ive got some support but will be hoping to get some more before then. It won't be a fast round. just want to get around in under 24.
    Sounds like this could well be a plan! Im going to be out and about in the next few months where abouts in the UK are you based? I'm Shropshire! we can meet for training runs and recees if you keen? I have done a lot in wales recently but i am looking at heading up to the lakes at the weekends more now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibster View Post
    I am going midnight Friday 3rd/Saturday 4th July.
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 12-04-2015 at 08:09 PM.