Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: The class of 2015

Banned
    Yep he got round in 23.37 Bobster
    Mrs S and a few from W Yorks helped on leg 4

Wow. He did well. I bumped into the leg 4 pacers at honister on their way to wasdale then again at wasdale. He must have had a great leg 4. Big congratulations to him. Isthis the first completion of the year (except nicky spinks).

You must be the chap we spoke to at Honister YH? He had an incredible leg 4, he really picked up the pace, in fact he did Yewbarrow in 41 minutes! He was very strong and determined. I think it is the first completion of the year other than Nicky Spinks. Good luck with your attempt Bobster.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Yeah, that was me at honister. Great sunrise on way up. That's a good time for yewbarrow. Hopefully it's the first round of many this year.

Good to meet you briefly on Broad Crag, Bobster. Great day for a reccie and thanks for asking after me. Good luck on your attempt. I hope you get the same weather!
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Yeah, that was me at honister. Great sunrise on way up. That's a good time for yewbarrow. Hopefully it's the first round of many this year.
    Was a great sunrise! Good to meet you Bobster, Good Luck with your round image.jpg
    Last edited by stevefoster; 20-04-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    Hills and Guinness!

Yeah, that was me at honister. .
    How are you getting on with that training plan I sent to you? Generally I am following it the three weeks I done the kinder dozen I was well over. Another 3000 mtrs next week and then the whole lot the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    How are you getting on with that training plan I sent to you? Generally I am following it the three weeks I done the kinder dozen I was well over. Another 3000 mtrs next week and then the whole lot the week after.
    Hi there. I pretty much abandoned the training plan-nothing personal-I just found it impossible to follow and, when i did try to follow it, it became depressing because I wasn't sticking to a plan. So I have just tried to run as much as I can when I can. I am fortunate in that all my running has been on the lakeland fells and on parts of the bg route. I reckon by the time it comes to do it properly I will have around 100 fell hours and about 140, 000ft of climbing (Since january) I've no idea if this is enough but it's as much as I've been able to fit in in between work and family. I'm trying not to stress too much about it. Seems like you've got a good weekend lined up. I reckon it's those big days that are
    needed. How are you feeling about your training and preparation?

How are you feeling about your training and preparation?
    I am feeling pretty good. Having done the Kinder Dozen three times now has given me great confidence. While I was tired at the end I was not completely knackered. It has been over two year since i have been to the lakes so the two day reccie in May will be very very important. I have done all five legs and with helping out on club mates BGs so it will not be completely new to me. I reckon I will be OK with legs 3,4 on Saturday. The real test will be legs 5,1,2 on Sunday May 10. I will really know where I am after that.

As I said before if anybody wants to join me....

A blog on my BG completion on 17th/18th April. Don't worry; there are pictures.

http://10peaks2013.blogspot.com/2015...-24-hours.html
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.