Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: The class of 2015

Well done again Simon! Just wondering what if you'd remembered all of the 1417 minutes

_|_
    ./\.

Yes, Adnan. The other 1408 minutes will be in part two
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

There doesn't appear to be to many tracker attempts to follow this year!? Where is everyone?....or am I a little bit early?
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Andygibs Paddy Buckley tonight 00:00
    http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/Gibbons15.cfm

Hi, im keen to get involved in supporting some attempts this year, so if any contenders are short on support id be willing to assist.
    Just drop me a pm.
    Cheers

Andy

Reasonably successful attempt over the weekend. Got lots of weather! Dunmail to Great End horrible with it being very cold and misty with about 20 meters visibility. My brother and I got separated between Thunacar Knott and Harrison Stickle that probably cost us over an hour trying to get back together again. To save time we skipped Ill Crag and Broad Crag. It was as we got to Scafell that the conditions started to improve. We then had perfect conditions to Honistor. I was starting to get worried about missing my YHA dinner so Steeple/Great Gable/Green Gable got bypassed as well.
    Sunday morning great conditions for leg 5. But then Leg 1 was horrendous with driving wind and rain from the south, especially Blencathra with the wind into my face. Got to Threlkeld and I had enough could not face the Dodds with the wind and rain in my face so followed footpaths/roads/forest tracks back to Dunmail. Had a five mile walk this morning that started off pretty bad but not feeling too bad now which is good I suppose.

AndyW I am going July 4th!

It's reassuring to hear you are not the only one who cuts runs short for food. I guess the experience of bad weather can only be a good thing because, of course, it will be a beautiful warm (but not too warm) day on July 4th - (it always is). You will sail round.

Super Moderator
    Word is there's a record attempt on today
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Tell us more derby tup...