Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Fell races in the day

3 Fell races in the day

I'd never managed 3 races in a day, mainly due to the logistics of fitting in the races. However, today if everything went to plan it was possible. The main drawback being that I'm working tonight and didn't fancy the thought of a nightshift after a hectic day of racing. After abit of 'umming and aahing' I thought, sod it lets give it a go.

Race 1. Tour of Norland moor...6.4miles 900ft 10.30am
    Race 2. Sheep fell over.....3miles 650ft 1pm
    Race 3. Grasmere sports....1.6miles 886ft 4pm

Norland was 1hr drive from home then Sheep fell was only 20 minutes drive after Norland.

Grasmere was a 2hr drive after Sheep fell and thankfully I hit no major traffic as I only had 30 minutes to play with.

Well it's done, often wondered if 3 in the day was possible. Would I do it again?.......no.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Banned
    Well Done Darren

You are a star of the top order

Well done Darren. I'd often toyed with the 3 races in 3 days as many tell me Ron Hill did over Easter Weekend and did it once, but never 3 in a day.
    You must have been looking to piece that one together for some time
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Well done for getting to Grasmere and achieving 3 in one day. You'll need to pop back to Littleborough to collect you 1st MV40 prize for Sheep Fell Over though I think all at the race presentation were impressed that you were heading for Grasmere at the time!

For completeness, I think I should also mention that you did Malham Show on Saturday afternoon so that was 4 in 24 hours! You did only do one on Saturday, didn't you??
    El Pistolero de Wasdale

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post

For completeness, I think I should also mention that you did Malham Show on Saturday afternoon so that was 4 in 24 hours! You did only do one on Saturday, didn't you??
    Well with only 2 1/2 miles on Saturday (and don't give me all that stuff about just coming off a night shift!) no wonder you could do 3 races on Sunday which didn't challenge your famed navigational skills.

More importantly: how is cooking for yourself going?

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 25-08-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

great stuff Darren. I can only imagine what your legs must feel like!
    Adam Speed
    P&B

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    I'd never managed 3 races in a day, mainly due to the logistics of fitting in the races. However, today if everything went to plan it was possible. The main drawback being that I'm working tonight and didn't fancy the thought of a nightshift after a hectic day of racing. After abit of 'umming and aahing' I thought, sod it lets give it a go.

Norland was 1hr drive from home then Sheep fell was only 20 minutes drive after Norland.

Grasmere was a 2hr drive after Sheep fell and thankfully I hit no major traffic as I only had 30 minutes to play with.

Well it's done, often wondered if 3 in the day was possible. Would I do it again?.......no.
    Blinkin Eck!

Nice one Darren
    As soon as I saw the thread title I knew it had to be you!

Fishslip!

Fishslip!
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

The Man Who Can!

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post

Blimey - bon effort! Feel inspired to try for two in a day, though it'll realistically not be until next summer (and I'm unlikely to win any prizes!)