Thread: Eskdale Show Fell Race

Eskdale Show Fell Race

Saturday 27th of September at 2pm.

Just wondering if anyone here has anyone done this race before and what they thought of it?

I'm back home visiting family that weekend, we were planning a day out there.

Cheers,

Matthew

VQAH

Anyone got any route info for this? NS is required apparently.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

It starts in the field opposite the George IV pub. Jump a few fences and across a few fields then over the Lal Ratty lines at Hollin How. Follow the main path for a good way heading towards Siney Tarn but you keep north of the wall and head towards Bea tarn, pass this then CP at Bleatarn Hill summit. Turn around and head back but there is a slightly different route to the finish going over Fell End before heading back to the Lal Ratty lines and back to the show field. It is fast and mostly runnable over paths and some open fell, if the mist is down then nav or knowledge might be advantageous.

Lovely. I turn 40 the day of the race, so i'm looking for a low key one to try and win the V40 on the day i turn 40!

This is a bit of a gem i think, undiscovered presumably due to the torrent of droolers and daytrippers clogging up Wrynose/Hardknott passes and putting people off making the trip. Bizarrely they claim never to have seen Tindersticks at this event...i think he'd love it, it's got his name written all over it.

3rd V40, and it came at a high price, i finished the course plastered from head to toe in mud after boldly going where nobody went before. The selection of stationary engines at the show was very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    ...3rd V40, and it came at a high price, i finished the course plastered from head to toe in mud after boldly going where nobody went before...
    Good effort Luke.

Route for Eskdale Show

They don't post results--only at the show.

Route here: http://www.movescount.com/moves/move309504121