Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Independence- predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    That is not how I saw it up here, the YES Campaign was massive, far more active than the NO one in Edinburgh, Glasgow and D+G, the places where I live and work. FB was over run with YES posters, I would say the new papers counted for little in influencing peoples views.
    Aberystwyth was awash with "No" Posters and Juncker and Barroso have holiday homes in Ceredigion so it's easy to pick up the wrong vibes.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Oh. If you'd said in advance you could have had 1999890

WP: is that another of your cryptic clues? Some of my Plaid Cymru friends were strong Yes of course, but they were busy trying to drum up support at the Eisteddfod in Rhondda Vale, judging from the Guardian video. Unsuccessfully.

Shaunaneto: would have been good if your optimism could have swung the vote

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    Oh. If you'd said in advance you could have had 1999890

WP: is that another of your cryptic clues? Some of my Plaid Cymru friends were strong Yes of course, but they were busy trying to drum up support at the Eisteddfod in Rhondda Vale, judging from the Guardian video. Unsuccessfully.

Shaunaneto: would have been good if your optimism could have swung the vote
    Nothing cryptic about it. You have an opinion based on what goes on in your own bubble and someone who was there disagrees.

The reality out there was that it was quite intimidating to some "No" voters on the build up to the vote. There was a huge pressure to vote Yes.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Nothing cryptic about it. You have an opinion based on what goes on in your own bubble and someone who was there disagrees.

The reality out there was that it was quite intimidating to some "No" voters on the build up to the vote. There was a huge pressure to vote Yes.
    "The silent have spoken"

It's like in a general election. There's so much left wing propaganda flying about, people (when asked by pollsters) just say they're undecided when they've already decided to vote Tory.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

WP, you really do read a lot into things. To clarify (and I haven't actually been into Aberystwyth in a while although I live close), are you reporting some fact about these EU presidents having holiday homes in Ceredigion or being sarcastic? Simple question.

And I myself mentioned the intimidation and pressure to vote Yes earlier. I was trying to predict 1% point more towards No than the polls (based on reasonable reports that No would be under-estimated), but then the last poll came out after I had posted, matching my 53% No.

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    WP, you really do read a lot into things. To clarify (and I haven't actually been into Aberystwyth in a while although I live close), are you reporting some fact about these EU presidents having holiday homes in Ceredigion or being sarcastic? Simple question.
    I was being sarcastic
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Yes voter stabbed in Glasgow. I'm getting this 3rd hand. via the internet, so hardly reliable.

But it looks like a busy night for the Glasgow Rozzers. Appears to be only a few hundred involved, but it doesn't take many to cause harm.
    pies