Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Sounds like some Sound Mountain Judgement was used and some was learnt. I'm sure some was ignored as well!

The roads south of York weren't quite as wet and wild (but windy enough).
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

IanDP has put a screenshot on facebook of the Strava sections from Bleaklow to Higher Shelf... looks like a 2 year old has grabbed a load of crayons and randomly scribbled over a map of the Peak District.

I'm not on Strava, but i certainly recognise one or two of the unorthodox routes taken, and am maintaining an embarrassed silence.

Actually got that bit spot on, mine will be one of the perfect straight lines. Unlike about four years ago where I visited Bleaklow summit twice .

Actually I meant to put a comment on here about an incident on the race.
    I was coming up to the checkpoint in Crowden and the guy in the tent shouted out to me for my number. He had to do it 3 or 4 times as I was not answering. He was getting a bit pissed off with me. When I got up close I then showed him my number.

I know the rules unlike him as they should be reading our numbers and not relying on hearing them.

"Actually got that bit spot on, mine will be one of the perfect straight lines. Unlike about four years ago where I visited Bleaklow summit twice ."

Dr Patrick i was most amused to see your line on facebook yesterday from the other year! It was quite something to behold!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Dr Patrick i was most amused to see your line on facebook yesterday from the other year! It was quite something to behold!
    We have another Strava gem from a few years ago, when on a Thursday evening training run Pennine's finest (including, not naming any names off the forum but think of cricketers) left Kinder Low End trig point to head back to Hayfield, only for a few minutes later arrived at......

The suspense is killing me ?! Edale Valley?

It does look difficult to end up anywhere but Hayfield from Kinder Low End...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    The suspense is killing me ?! Edale Valley?

It does look difficult to end up anywhere but Hayfield from Kinder Low End...
    Kinder Low End.

Talking

:-)) ah i understand now!

The reality was that nobody except me knew that there were actually two trig points at Kinder Low. Anyway, it was dark and misty, and we followed some useful footprints in the snow. Just like Pooh Bear...

Mick Cocharan V70 is bloody quick much faster than his age would suggest. he's very strong on the long stuff.

Pat I suspect the person shouting was after seeing your number, at the briefing all marshals were told they must see your number, probably thought you were going to dash passed with out showing it. if theres a few runners nearby it helps for an earlier view.

Should show you the flyby picture..
    https://www.facebook.com/plugins/pos...85610734888522