Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Met Office forecasting snow in Edale on Saturday night at 1•c. Given that it tends to be a good degree or so colder up on Kinder, there's probably a good chance of it settling on the tops. However, rain is forecast everyday, except Thursday, this week. Certainly going to make for interesting running on Bleaklow!

Which route do people take to get from Crowden towards Lawrence Edge. Looking at parking for photo taking.

There's a path from the road crossing at Crowden that leads to a bridge across the outflow of Woodhead reservoir and then up to the B6105 and the Longdendale Trail. There is a small parking space not far from there where the trail comes close to the bend on the B6105 just over the dam from the A628.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
    There's a path from the road crossing at Crowden that leads to a bridge across the outflow of Woodhead reservoir and then up to the B6105 and the Longdendale Trail. There is a small parking space not far from there where the trail comes close to the bend on the B6105 just over the dam from the A628.
    Thanks for that. Ian DP told me about the spot, wondered if it was easier to park at Crowden and then run to the "snap" point.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRun View Post
    Thanks for that. Ian DP told me about the spot, wondered if it was easier to park at Crowden and then run to the "snap" point.

**Lift opportunity**

I have a couple of spare seats in a minibus leaving Sheffield early Sunday morning going to Marsden. Depart 6am Dore railway station / 6:20am Hillsborough park. £10 single journey.

PM me if interested.

3 days of hard frost is looking unlikely now, so I suppose Kinder Low End is it then!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    3 days of hard frost is looking unlikely now, so I suppose Kinder Low End is it then!
    Snow looks a distinct possibility though, if Met Office forecast for Edale is anything to go by.

Cold wet and windy, albeit with good visibility appears to be the order of the day.

please take a note of RO requirements re extra kit...above that required by FRA

It was on your entry form and on the website...

Torch, Survival/blanket bag, extra long sleeve thermal Check out website for exact requirements and get there early so Kit check team aren't late for the start...

no excuses....!