Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

So if we are wearing a long sleeve thermal top at the start we need to carry one as well, or just one with extra long sleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    please take a note of RO requirements re extra kit...above that required by FRA

It was on your entry form and on the website...

Torch, Survival/blanket bag, extra long sleeve thermal Check out website for exact requirements and get there early so Kit check team aren't late for the start...

no excuses....!
    I am sure you would catch us up Ian.
    The only mention in kit is a long sleeved thermal, no mention of need to carry an extra one.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Man View Post
    I am sure you would catch us up Ian.
    The only mention in kit is a long sleeved thermal, no mention of need to carry an extra one.
    Thought that may be the case, I'll be carrying a micro fleece on top of my two thermals any way...it's a long way to run in strong winds it it's cold......I could tuck in behind you...plenty of shelter there...

Will we fail kit-check if the only LS top in our possession is the one we're wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Will_B View Post
    Will we fail kit-check if the only LS top in our possession is the one we're wearing?
    No unless the RO asks for extra, Take one with you to the start...it can be left in the kit back for the finish...

From the Website..
    Kit to be worn or carried:

Full waterproof jacket and bottoms (with taped seams), long sleeved top, head torch, emergency bag or blanket, hat and gloves, map (the Dark Peak map which just excludes Marsden is acceptable) compass, whistle and some emergency food is the minimum kit.

There will be a full kit check before Registration giving everybody the chance to make sure they have the required kit. There will be spot checks on route and at the finish. The FRA have made it clear that not carrying the required kit will result in a ban from all fell races and we will uphold that policy.

Minimum being the key word. Not sure if you were Racing at the time of the Famous Skyline Will but the front end of the race really suffered as they skimped on kit whereas those at the back realised they would be out for a while and took extra and were mostly fine.

The route is very exposed from Bleaklow until you drop off Kinder....

Says kit to be worn or carried, so all ok then.

Early Forecast for Sunday....

How windy? (On the summits)

Westerly, in the range 45 to 60mph.

Effect of wind on you?

Considerable buffeting; walking difficult on higher areas. Significant wind chill.

How Wet?

Occasional rain and snow

Most precipitation western hills, although often light and patchy; snow on higher tops, but increasingly rain below 500m.

Cloud on the hills?

Increasingly covering hills

Often covering higher areas in north Yorkshire, patchy cloud may come and go on higher tops south of Skipton, but cloud base likely to progressively lower through day.

Chance of cloud free summits?

40%

Sunshine and air clarity?

Sunshine rare, most if any early morning through a veil of high cloud. Hazy. Visibility intermittently good, but deteriorating later in cloud and rain.

Temperature (at 600m)

-1 rising through the day toward 1C.

And in the valleys

4 or 5C.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Early Forecast for Sunday....

How windy? (On the summits)

Westerly, in the range 45 to 60mph.

Effect of wind on you?

Considerable buffeting; walking difficult on higher areas. Significant wind chill.

How Wet?

Occasional rain and snow

Most precipitation western hills, although often light and patchy; snow on higher tops, but increasingly rain below 500m.

Cloud on the hills?

Increasingly covering hills

Often covering higher areas in north Yorkshire, patchy cloud may come and go on higher tops south of Skipton, but cloud base likely to progressively lower through day.

Chance of cloud free summits?

40%

Sunshine and air clarity?

Sunshine rare, most if any early morning through a veil of high cloud. Hazy. Visibility intermittently good, but deteriorating later in cloud and rain.

Temperature (at 600m)

-1 rising through the day toward 1C.

And in the valleys

4 or 5C.

I will have to pack my factor 30 by the sound of it

Westerley winds will help with the final leg though
    No country for old men.

Enjoy all!
    I'll be hanging around at Crowden (for those within 15-20mins of the leaders) before heading around to Snake Summit to see as many people as I can through. Some food available but liable to run out.

Worth changing into road shoes at Snake Summit?
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

please take a note of RO requirements re extra kit...above that required by FRA

It was on your entry form and on the website...

Torch, Survival/blanket bag, extra long sleeve thermal Check out website for exact requirements and get there early so Kit check team aren't late for the start...

no excuses....!

I have got one but when I wear it they trip me up.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...